We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ephesus Tickets

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ancaster, Canada
reviews: 65
Ephesus Tickets

Hello....are tickets to Ephesus available at both the upper and lower gates? Are there lineups early in the morning? What time does it open? thanks!

9 replies to this topic
The New Forest, UK
reviews: 9
1. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Yes, either entrance, 08:30 I think, and that's before the tour buses/queues arrive.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Can't recommend enough to get there right when it opens! The lines swell and Ephesus fills up once tour buses arrive by 10-11. We walked right up to gate (I think around 8:30 like mentioned above, just check any tour book), and there was no line. We had almost the whole city to ourselves for a solid hour. As soon as you get in make a beeline straight to Celsus library if you want awesome photos without 1000 tourists in the shots!

Ancaster, Canada
3. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Thank you both.

Is the Celsus library closer to the upper or lower gate?

4. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Ephesus opens at 8am. Depending on the day, it can be very crowded by 8:30 as it was this morning. The library is about in the middle distance wise but there is not as much to see between the library and the lower gate except the large theater. You can get tickets at both gates.

Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
reviews: 444
5. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Does anyone suggest getting advance tickets online? And, are they for anytime or a specific date/time? Thank you..

Ancaster, Canada
6. Re: Ephesus Tickets

I arrived at Ephesus about 9:15 on Aug 28. I bought our tickets at the bottom gate; there was no lineup. Once inside though, by the time we reached the library, crowds from cruise ships were coming down from the top gate.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Ephesus Tickets

tickets to Ephesus are available at both the upper and lower gates.ıf you will stay in hotel in selcuk ı advise you to visit Ephesus after 4 pm because inside will not be crowded:))

San Jose, California
8. Re: Ephesus Tickets

Can we enter Ephesus at say 4pm and stay there till dark? Is there a time when they shut the gates to the ancient city?

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 2
9. Re: Ephesus Tickets

You can buy tickets at the upper and lower gate of Ephesus. Cost of entrance fee is 25 Turkish Liras. Visa or Mastercard is accepted. There are never long lines at the sites therefore tickets can easily be purchased at the sites.

Majority of the sites accept credit cards.

If requested tickets can also be purchased online: https://www.muze.gov.tr/buy_e_ticket

Ticket booth is opened at 8am.

Reply to: Ephesus Tickets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted