We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Ephesus from Istanbul...

Which Selcuk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach...
reviews: 1
2 days in Ephesus from Istanbul...

Greetings everyone:

I'm planning to visit Ephesus from April 28-29. Planned to leave early morning on the 28th by catching the first flight from Istanbul to Izmir, then taking a bus to Selcuk.

Questions for all the friendly experts:

1. I CAN leave on friday, the 27th, but it wouldn't be until after work, around 3-4pm...By the time I'd arrive in Izmir, it'd be night and I'd pay for a night of hotel without being able to see anything until the next day. Anyone disagree that I should just fly out early Sat. morning rather than Friday night?

2. Since short on time, I plan on flying to Izmir from Istanbul, then catching a bus to Selcuk (or around that area). Any suggestions on alternate modes of transport? Anyone recommend taking an overnight bus from Istanbul on Friday night? If so, my dad is visiting me from California and I just want him to be comfortable, although I don't mind a bus.

3. I like exploring on my own. I plan to explore with my dad and with the handy dandy lonely planet...anyone out there that thinks a tour is a better way to go? I'm wondering if paying for a tour won't be too much more than going on our own and having to take taxis (or something else?) from one place to another...that probably adds up right?

I'm reading all the previous posts regarding hotel suggestions so thanks everyone for all the info regarding that!

My dad came to Turkey 30 years ago so I'm very excited for him to make his way back.

Thanks in Advance!

E

NewYork/USA and...
1. Re: 2 days in Ephesus from Istanbul...

Hi iloveuni,

I recommend you use bus instead of FLY because you may not find a BUS from Airport to Selcuk you may use TAXI from Airport to Selcuk which coast you 70 NTL.

VARAN is one of the BEST bus company in Turkey (I alway use ) little bit expensive BUT worth it. Their web page is:

www.varan.com.tr You can reserve or buy your ticket on the internet. If I were you I would hire a guide at the top entrance of Ephesus IF you love History and Archaelogy..

Have a nice trip in Turkey

Sinan Akdeniz

Long Beach...
reviews: 1
2. Re: 2 days in Ephesus from Istanbul...

Thanks Sinan!

I will look into the bus line you recommended. Anyone else recommend any other reliable and reasonably priced bus lines?

E

3. Re: 2 days in Ephesus from Istanbul...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 29, 2009