We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Cyprus
where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

hello everyone

i was wondering if you could help me cuz this is like my last resort to finding a solution to my problem

i am going to instambul in less than a month and wanted to ask if any one knows where can i get my hair done in dreadlocks (rastas) there?

My friends told me about some place in Taxim but if anyone could give me a more specific advice I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot

NY, NY/Istanbul...
reviews: 3
1. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

Hi Lemonfish: I am sure that someone on the forum will be able to help you. I personally don't know the name of any salon in Istanbul that does rastas but if there is one I am reasonably sure that it is in Taxim as your friends say. Maybe poster Alper who knows Taxim very well will able to help out on this one. For the moment LemonLady is stumped. Happy Travel

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
2. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

Hi all,

I feel responsible for the words of lemonlady:) (thanks) so I made a search through google. First of all as long as I learned Rastas (in turkish called Rasta, same) is the Bob Marley's hair style is it true?

On a forum it's said that there're no hairdressers specialized only on rasta in Turkey. In other words, every hairdresser can do this.

I found one in taksim:

http://www.babyface.com.tr/fiyatlar.html

Prices shown as 70-250 YTL, (50-175 USD)

Also, maybe the most famous hairdresser in Istanbul is MOS and they've many branches. The price is shown as 100 YTL (70 USD)

Price list: www.mos-kuafor.com/v1/?mos=fiyatlistesi

Branches: www.mos-kuafor.com/v1/?mos=salonlarimiz

I don't have any idea if they're good at their work of course but mayeb our lady members may on this topic more,

Best wishes, Alper

NY, NY/Istanbul...
3. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

Hi All: Alper YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!. If anyone knew about this question I knew you would. Since you are living there all of the time and have written such good posts I am not surprised to read your answer. I am sorry if I put you on the spot. So thanks a lot, see how wonderful this forum is, we have forumites who can answer anything. Happy Day, LemonLady

North Cyprus
4. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

thanks a lot everyone

great job on the forum

you can really find ANYTHING in here

kisses to all

NY, NY/Istanbul...
5. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

Hi All and Lemonfish: ISTANBUL FORUM RULES! Have a great trip. LemonLady

6. Re: where can i get dreadlocks in instambul?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, August 27, 2009