We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping and Designer outlets

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 15
Shopping and Designer outlets

Hi ,

I read a previous post about designer outlets in istanbul. Can anyone tell me if these still exist and which is the best to go?

Also would anyone know if designer items are cheaper in Istanbul than London. I am looking to freshen up my wardrobe with a few staples like a designer bag or two and a ladies Burberry trench coat.

I cant decide whether to buy at Heathrow on my way to Istanbul or wait till i get there where i may get things cheaper.

Any advice much appreciated.

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
1. Re: Shopping and Designer outlets

whist, The best designer outlet mall is Viaport, not far rom the Sabiha Gokcen airport. Take a fast ferry from Kabatas to Bostanci and at Bostanci the free shuttle bus departs right in front of Cafe Nero at the pier. I believe it comes there once an hour. If you miss this bus you can also take the E-9 municipal bus from Bostanci to Sabiha Gokcen and a taxi from there to Viaport Mall. "http://www.viaport.com.tr/home-page.aspx".

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
2. Re: Shopping and Designer outlets

Hello whist,

no, the malls for outlets in Istanbul might not be like what you expect. You never know, you can be lucky but there is not just anything imaginable there.

In my opinion Optimum is a better mall, because there is a shop called Demstock. But things change all the time. They do not have all designers brands for you to chose from, but just bits and bops. I bought a great D&G coat there and a very lovely Donna Karan trench coat. This time I did not see coats, but there is usually lots of jeans like Guess. Sizes are not all available either, just pieces.

Another good shop there is Hilfiger and the Diesel outlet. But I have to add that things are basically only cheap there during sale. Designers clothes I can normally find cheaper abroad.

So if you find something in London that you really like then you should buy it there if you are pleased with the price.

Good luck with your shopping!

London, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Shopping and Designer outlets

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'll have to do my shopping at Heathrow.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
4. Re: Shopping and Designer outlets

whist, if it is still sale you can find very good deals in Harvey Nichols, you find them in Kanyon mall, which is actually a fabulous mall. İt is a mall with several floors not above ground level but under ground level and at the same time open air, so really like a canyon.

Cheers!

5. Re: Shopping and Designer outlets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 06, 2015