We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

euros?Help please

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
reviews: 120
euros?Help please

Hi Turkey Experts

We are on our way in less than 3 weeks very excited. Our dilema is as aussies the only foreign cash our banks are recommending is the euro and not tl. they have suggested a travel money card loaded with euros? Can we use normal atms for this. THANKS in advance i love the advice from this forum..

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 1
1. Re: euros?Help please

If you prefer to bring cash rather than plastic just bring your Aussie dollars,they are exchangeable every where.No need to mess around with Euro's,you lose money buying them and again when exchanging them.The only Euro you'd need will be for your visa's on arrival,45€ each.You will also get a better rate of exchange for TL here than at home too.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
2. Re: euros?Help please

Bring a debit card and get money out of ATMs from your normal bank account, just like you do in Australia. Avoid all the pre-loaded travel cards: they are just a way of making more money from travellers. They all have high fees and/or a poor exchange rate.

See http://www.nickbooth.id.au/Tips/Cards.htm

Selcuk, Turkey
reviews: 1
3. Re: euros?Help please

Absolutely right. Even here in a small town like Selcuk, there are a number of jewellers who will give you a good rate, no waiting, over the counter. Check a local newspaper or the internet for that day's value for A$.

Withdrawing cash from my UK account costs me a minimum of £6, it seems, so I prefer to use the debit card for amounts around £200 or so.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 132
4. Re: euros?Help please

You can get cash immediately upon arrival at the airport in Tukish lires. I took out the equivalent of $500 right away, and 400 lires at a time from then on ($200 Canadian)

Brisbane
reviews: 120
5. Re: euros?Help please

Thanks everyone. Sydney Nick l read your info and l gave ING a call as $2.5 per withdrawal seems like the best deal for us.

Thanks everyone this was brilliant

6. Re: euros?Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 24, 2014