We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
reviews: 3
Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Hi, a friend recommended a restaurant to me in the Sultanahmet district across from the Blue House Mavi Ev. She said that they have whirling dervish dancers, and it was fabulous. Does anyone know what this restaurant is called? Any other recommendations for restaurants in the Sultanahmet district would be appreciated as well! Thanks in advance.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
1. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Hi: no need to panic, your Trip Advisor pals will help you out. I don't know of the restaurant you speak of. When was your friend there? But I have other recommendations for you: Cennet at 90 Diwan Yolu near the Cistern, traditional Turkish food, costumed wait staff, and women making gozleme (Turkish crepes) right in front of you. I also like Mozaic Cafe on Diwan Yolu and naturally the grand old restaurant Tarihi Meshur at 12 Diwan Yolu. I also recommend Haci Baba, Develi both a little ways away from Sultanahmet, also Galata House for Eastern European cuisine, Carne on the Bosphorus and for a break the bank evening Tugra in the Ciraghan Palace Hotel, Sarnic for romance near Blue Mosque, and my favorite lunch place, the rooftop restaurant at Acropol Hotel, beautiful sea view and great mezze. Happy Travel and Happy Eating. LemonLady

Victoria, BC
reviews: 2
2. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Hi LemonLady,

Can you give me some indication of which of these restaurants are cheapish, and which are more expensive. We will be going to Istanbul with our 3 kids in July, so since there'll be 5 of us, we can't eat out at too expensive places!

Thanks

NY, NY/Istanbul...
3. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Hi ABD123: The food in Turkey is exceptionally fresh and tasty, and it's always reasonably priced, The estimated prices that follow are in US Dollars, and are for main courses, mezze (hors d'oerves) are cheaper. Carne: 6-7, Cennet 4-6, Develi 6-12, Galata House 4-6, Haci Baba 6-12, Marmara Terrace 6-12, Mozaic Cafe 5 and up, Sarnic 12 and up, try the 25USD price fixed meal, Tarihi Meshur 3, don't forget to try the semolina, Turgra 25 and up, for an expensive and dress up night out try the house dinner at 39USD. Happy Trip to Istanbul, LemonLady

Cambridge...
4. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Thanks for all the recommendations! Can you give me an idea of how dressy these restaurants are? We're not likely to have a lot of dress clothes on hand; mayb e a nice sweater and jeans is what we'll be wearing.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
5. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

Hi Again: I would dress for Carne, Tugra, Sarnic, for the others it is ok to wear dress pants but I would leave off the jeans for evening. I take some light weight long skirts, and a cute top, they look dressy and are good for evenings in Istanbul but dress pants are ok too. Happy Travel, LemonLady

6. Re: Restaurant across from Blue House Mavi Ev? Restaurant...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, August 14, 2009