We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed up plan :)

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
reviews: 20
Mixed up plan :)

Hello again,

So, I've been planning for my 5 days in Istanbul. As I have said in previous posts, it's the first time for me to travel with my little daughter (2 years). I want it to be fun for her too. At the same time, my wife wants to go shopping and by shopping, I mean last time she came along with me to Istanbul we had to visit Cevahir (3 times), Galleria, Historia, Kanyon and Akmerkez :)

So, anyway, I have a lot of questions here so please bear with me and give me your advice :)

1)which malls to visit for both fun and shopping? And also how long should I plan to be there? (the whole day/ 2 hrs/ half day...?) I'm not a fan of shopping so well, any advice is great.

2)Another thing, I would like to minimize transportation change as much as possible (visit 2-3 places on the same route if possible). Here's what I plan to see: Dolmabahce, Grand Bazaar-Gulhane Park, Nisantasi area (just to feel the upscale rich lifestyle), Ortakoy and the princes' Islands (Buyukada).

3)We are planning to be there on 11th April, how is the weather like and what kind of clothes would be suitable? (on a side note, is it suitable to see Buyukada or the weather would make it an unpleasant experience, if cold)?

4)is it better to take along a stroller for my girl or would be more practical to just let her walk around with us?

I have already visited Sultan Ahmet, Aya Sofia and Topkapi Palace, so I don't intend to visit them again, but if you have other suggestions that could be fun for us (sp. my little girl) please advise.

Sorry for the loooooooongggg post, but anyone who has kids can relate to my concerns when first traveling with them :)

Thanks

Essen, Germany
reviews: 89
1. Re: Mixed up plan :)

I´m not sure if you have already noticed these threads, there are many useful suggestions and recommendations

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k46…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k55…

…wordpress.com/2011/…

I have been at Istanbul once in the middle/end of April and it was mostly sunny but pretty chilly, you needed a jacket during the day and of course at night.

Another year I was there mid-May and it was mixed, sometimes you could walk just with a T- shirt, another day you had to wear a jacket or jumper too.

So I would take some layers, which you can dress on or off.

Edited: 6:22 am, March 24, 2013
2. Re: Mixed up plan :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 26, 2014