We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel check-in

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
Hotel check-in

I already posted this on the Turkey forum ... but if anyone who frequents only the Istanbul forum knows the answer, I'd appreciate it. Does anyone know what personal ID information hotels record? Specifically, do they by routine/law record birthdates as well as all the other bits? Thanks. PS. A strange question, but with just cause!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Hotel check-in

Hi: no question is too strange. To the best of my knowledge they now xerox the information page of your passport, so they get your name, you country of origin, date of birth, passport nubmer, etc, also a blurry picture of you. What they do with it after that I don't know but will ask Sinan, he is a great information giver on this forum. Happy Travel, LemonLady

Izmir, Smyrna...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hotel check-in

just an addition:

if you are more than 1 person sharing the same room, 1 passport information per room is generally ok.

3. Re: Hotel check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 13, 2009