We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nijmegen, The...
reviews: 8
Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Dear travellers,

My flight to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen is arriving by night on a Saturday at 2:50 am.

Since I am on a low budget I would like to know how I can get from Sabiha Gokcen to Sultanahmet area (European side) of Istanbul in a rather cheap way by night.

I already found the buses from the Havas company, but it appears the service is suspended and buses are not running anymore.

Also I found another company called Havatas, but they can only take me to Kadikoy (and I assume there is no ferry to European side during night).

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 3
1. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

You can take the Havataş bus to Taksim and then a taxi from there to Sultanahmet.First bus is at 03.30 and then 04.00. Public transport doesn't begin until 06.00 and I guess you wouldn't want to sit in Taksim until then so use a taxi.

http://www.havatas.com/Otobus.aspx?i=2#

Nijmegen, The...
2. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Ah that makes sense, I didn't found the Havatas connection to Taksim before.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
3. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Niels, At that hour your main option is to use a prebooked shuttle van that will take you to your hotel at Sultanahmet directly . You can use "www.istanbulairportexpress.com" or "efenditravel.com/Airport-Transfers-Turkey-ef…", or "http://www.istanbulairporttaxis.com/".

Otherwise you can take the HAVATAS bus for 12 TL to Taksim and a taxi from Taksim to your hotel for about 20 TL.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 2:22 pm, March 18, 2013
Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
4. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

But then you are at Taksim at horrible o'clock. İt is walkable to Sultanahmet but a pretty long walk, İ do not know what the area is like that time of night! And at what time can you check in in your hotel? So it is possibly waiting around Taksim for public transport to start or at the airport???

Nijmegen, The...
5. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Thanks for the useful advice. I am staying in a hostel in Sultanahmet and probably there is the opportunity to store my luggage inside the hostel, before my check-in in the afternoon. So I am heading straight away to the hostel. I think I will pick the HAVATAS service to Taksim and then either walk or take a taxi to the hostel. :)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
6. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Take a taxi!

istanbul
7. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

You can take a Havas Service from Sabiha to Taksim, From Taksim to Kabatas Metro then tram to Sultahamet

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
8. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

Not that time of the night...

Alexandria, Egypt
reviews: 15
9. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

www.istanbulairportshuttle.com

i used them very very good ...

good prices

Edited: 10:28 am, March 19, 2013
10. Re: Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Sultanahmet during night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 21, 2014