We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Hi,

I am getting married in Istanbul in April 2014. My fiance in German-Turkish and I am Australian. We live in Germany currently. We will be having a wedding of 75-90 people and having guests fly in from all over! We are looking for:

Small boutique hotel/restuarant - where we can have both the ceremony and reception

Somewhere close to a range of hotels and convenient to get to for all of our guests

Our budget will be approx. €150 per person

View of the bosphorus

Would appreciate any tips/advice on this!

Thanks

Caroline

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 56
1. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Caroline, Congratulations on your wedding and welcome to Istanbul.

For a wedding in Istanbul at a boutique hotel, I recommend Armada Hotel at Sultanahmet very close to Blue Mosque and Sea of Marmara. It is a wonderful hotel with wonderful and magic views of the Blue Mosque. Have a look: "www.armadahotel.com.tr/pg_en/wedding.asp". Also for venues and other info on the wedding, have a look at the following recent link: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k6209…".

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
2. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Hi,

Only few hotels in old town can offer a ballroom as most of them are boutique type. Contact hotels in Talimhane district near Taksim square. You can also get a discount for 50 rooms or a package rate including ceremony and accomodation.

Here's hotels list in this area: talimhanehotels.com/index.php/en/four-star

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Edited: 5:16 am, March 15, 2013
Frankfurt, Germany
3. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Thank you both for your messages. We are planning on going to Istanbul next month so we'll visit these places then. Any idea on who could conduct a wedding ceremony in English and Turkish?

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
4. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Caroline, The Civil Marriage Officer of the respective Municipality will conduct the wedding ceremony and will be present in your wedding. For documentation and other issues, have a look at the following link. "turkeytravelplanner.com/special/wedding/docu…". Armada Hotel that I have already suggested would be a very good venue for you. The hotel is located at Sultanahmet which is located at Fatih Municipal District.

good luck,

enigma...

Frankfurt, Germany
5. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Hi Enigma,

Thanks again for your response. The Armada Hotel looks great and it's top of our list so far. Do you have any idea on costs for a wedding there? We will have approximately 75 people and we'd like local food and drinks with maybe some champagne. Would really appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Thanks a lot

Caroline

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
6. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Caroline, on that issue you have to get in touch with them. They may have some different alternative packages.

enigma...

Frankfurt, Germany
7. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Hi Enigma,

Another quick question for you - we are also considering venues/rooftop restuarants where we can have the ceremony, dinner and after party. It would be great to be able to book out a whole restuarant/venue for the night. Do you have any suggestions? We are also interested in different areas (such as Pera and other young artistic areas). Again, really appreciate any suggestions!

Caroline

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
8. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Armada Hotel has a great rooftop restaurant which you can reserve all for your guests. Plus they can stay at the hotel after the wedding party. You can see it at the first picture: "www.armadahotel.com.tr/pg_en/wedding.asp". I do not know other rooftop venues suitable for a wedding.

enigma...

Frankfurt, Germany
9. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Hi All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that after recieving quotes from Armada Hotel and visiting Istanbul with some local family members on the weekend we found that Armada Hotel is really over-priced for weddings! We found much better locations that were quoting 50% less and I think they quote so high because we are foreigners. It definitely helps if you know some locals who can help you out. We won't be having our wedding there!

Thanks

Caroline

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
10. Re: Re: Wedding in Istanbul 2014

Caroline, Have a great wedding wherever you choose and give us a review at the end with pluses and minuses.

enigma...