We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants close to grand bazar?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leiden, The...
reviews: 7
restaurants close to grand bazar?

I'm staying in Aziyade Hotel 500 m from the grand bazar next week. Any restauranttips nearby? (if we are tired) & a little bit further if we are not tired ;-) Tips for good patisserie also welcome!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
1. Re: restaurants close to grand bazar?

Bertje, welcome to Istanbul.

There are lots of good restaurants at Divanyolu around your hotel. Antakya restaurant is one of them. Amedros on Divanolu is another. You can also go to Tarihi Sultanahmet Koftecisi for good meatballs. You can also take the tram from Sultanahmet 1 stop to Gulhane station and visit the Cafe Mese on the main tram track road. "tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293974-d3…". Also have a look at the restaurants in that area: "www.sirkecirestaurants.com".

good luck,

enigma...

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
2. Re: restaurants close to grand bazar?

İnside the Grand Bazar is "Havuzlu", a really good restaurant a bit hidden in a corner. Of course you can only go for lunch as the Bazar closes at 18:00

Many of the workers (shop owners) have lunch there too. There is steam table food, but there is also a menu to choose from. they do a good İskender kebab!

And Mozaik, near Divan yol (where the tram rides) is good and cozy. İ love the rooms they kept in this old Ottoman house. You you will dine in a small room with just a few tables. They serve good Turkish dishes!

My husband's favorite is the Tarihi Sultanahmet Koftecisi, as Enigma also mentions. A restaurant more like a canteen, very simple, just meatballs, white bean salad and delicious semolina. Only Aryan and Coke and some other soft drinks for a drink.

The best patisserie is Saray Muhalebesi, there is one shop near the Egyptian Bazar. Their Aşure is one of the best İ have ever had. They have the chicken breast pudding, good cheese cake, rose water pudding. But also as you will walk along Divan yol, you will see one good patisserie too. İt always makes me mouth water. Where İ have not been myself yet is the "Pudding shop"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pudding_Shop

Enjoy your time!

3. Re: restaurants close to grand bazar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 12, 2014