We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rancho Mirage...
reviews: 1
Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

I am having a tough time looking for the cheapest air to get to the some major cities in Turkey. The airlines that came up in my internet searches do not have flights once I look for them on the specific airline web site.

Istanbul to Ankara

Ankara to Kayseri

Kayseri to Antalya

Antalya to Izmir

If there are better options than flying for any of these segments, please advise. Thank you very much.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
11. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

chatsfan, It does not matter. You take the HAVATAS transfer bus from Taksim square to either of these airports. The trip to Sabiha Gokcen takes only 1/2 hour more. Flights from Ataturk Airport are more expensive most of the time.

enigma...

Selcuk, Turkey
12. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Mid-May most Turkish Airlines flights to Ankara are still under $100.

It's certainly true that their cheaper flights go from Sabiha Gokcen Airport (and may be operated by Anadolu Jet, their subsidiary).

But if you're staying in the Taksim area, the Havatas bus to Sabiha Gokcen leaves from the same place - Taksim Square - and should take less than an hour.

Selcuk, Turkey
13. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Connections to Izmir from Antalya or Cappadocia regions are a perennial problem. But 95% of internal flights in Turkey are used by Turks, not foreigners, who are the only people who would want to fly from one tourist hot-spot to another..

Turkish Airlines have their "hub" at Istanbul Ataturk, and don't use Izmir for international flights at all - they leave these to their Star Alliance partners Lufthansa. The result is that Istanbul often has delays - but the new runway has been completed, so delays may ease.

Meanwhile, Izmir Airport is building a new NEW terminal. Hopefully, THY will start International flights when this is completed.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
14. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

From Izmir Turkish Airlines, Freebird Airlines, Lufthansa, Atlas Jet, Pegasus Airlines, and Sun Express Airlines fly internationally. "adnanmenderesairport.com/en-EN/flightinfo/Pa…". Pegasus flies to Athens from Izmir, non stop.

enigma...

Bursa
15. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Hello,

You can find all airlines tickets from http://www.indirimlibiletal.com and travel Turkey. Also you can buy tickets to other countries.

Have a nice journey...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
16. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Shenerix, Your website unfortunately does not include all flights and thus does not work properly. For example, from Istanbul (Ataturk) to Izmir there are 4 Onur Air flights on 4/27 but they do not show in your search. So it has very limited use.

enigma...

Edited: 4:17 am, February 07, 2013
Bursa
17. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Hello,

I search again and yes there is not any flights on some days, but it is a fine and secure web site to buy tickets.

Also I recommend http://www.onlinecheapflightsearch.com for searching tickets all over the world.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
18. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Shenerix, Onur Air's own website shows that there are 4 flights from IST to ADB on that day. So it is not a matter of having no flights but not including certain airlines into the search. I found that Onur Air has the cheapest price on 4/27. So would not disclosing that be the main reason not including them into the search?

I am sorry but I will not use your website untill an unless they include all airlines and all possible flights and prices in the search. Only that way the customer (user) can make an intelligent choice.

enigma...

Chicago
reviews: 13
19. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

There are several very good, low cost airlines in Turkey: Pegasus Airlines, Atlasjet, Onur Air, Sun Express, AnadoluJet, Borajet, and Turkish Airlines.

Rancho Mirage...
20. Re: Turkish or any other airlines for getting around Turkey

Thank you for all of the input/suggestions.

Enigma, I booked directly with the airlines after using the search engines such as skyscanner and others. Booking direct with the airlines is the least costly way to go.

I finally got all of my one-way tickets for the May travel in Turkey -- Hooray!