We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tallinn, Estonia
Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

First of all, Hi to everybody and im really sorry about asking all these questions because i have now read thru all 16 pages of istanbul / wholesale and retail sale topics and im a bit confused :)

I am planning to go Istanbul for bigger shopping trip, ill list all my questions down here, starting from nr. 1 :

1. Im looking to buy womens clothing from jeans to tops and jackets. I dont want to buy poor quality so im trying to find good products. I understand there are places like taksim and osmanbey, merter and laleli. But what are those best 3 places to go.

2. Im looking also to buy mens clothing from jeans to shirts, t-shirts and jackets. Same questions as previous question had :)

3. Id like to buy some accessories aswell, most likely jewellry, hand watches and wallets, belts and so on. I have heard something from a place called Kuyumcukent. Is that the place where to go?

4. For example - im going to merter to shop. Ill find a store that seems to fit my needs. What should i say to guys over there, that im looking to buy wholesale stuff with wholesale discounts? Can i get some information about wholesale prices for random objects?

5. How are wholesale stores making deals. Is it possible to pay with card? What do i need to know about that?

6. When im buying quite a big lot of stuff, how can i handle those boxes? Can i take taxi or rent a car? Do i need to take those things to my hotel or can i drop these boxes to some shipping or transportation company? Can i say them that ill leave those boxes here and return many times today and then lets send all those boxes together?

7. I am not looking to buy fake monclers or gstars or other famous brands, but when im buying turkey local brands - do i have any problems with customs? Im taking those clothings to Estonia which is in EU.

8. How to choose hotels?

Ill probably have more questions but i think that this is enough already! I would be very very thankful and happy to recive a bit information, because i have been to istanbul only one time and that did impress me so much to open up my own clothing store :)

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
1. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

entu_13, welcome to Istanbul.

There are many areas that manufacture and wholesale ladies clothing. These are Osmanbey, Merter, Laleli, Zeytinburnu, Gungoren, Yeni Bosna, etc. However the first three are the most important. You should visit these three areas. but especially Osmanbey and Merter.

Now Osmanbey is one metro stop away from Taksim. So you can stay at Taksim hotels, "taksim.hotelle.com".

You should be looking at the showrooms at Osmanbey which are mostly at Sair Nigar, Haci Mansur and Kodaman streets. Have a look. "http://goo.gl/maps/e2YJe".

For some links on showrooms, here are some useful websites. "www.osmanbeyfashion.com/eng/bayangiyim.html", and "osmanbeyfashionguide.com/en/kadn-giyim.html". For freight forwarders and an agent, have a look: "www.tradeegypt.com/39174/?link=&id=39174". Finally for further listings, have a look: "http://tinyurl.com/9kq5j28". For evening dresses: "www.tekstilportal.com/rehber_v3_en.asp…"

For merter wholesalers, you can have a look: "whocit.com". And finally here are some more companies. "…europages.co.uk/business-directory-europe/d…".

1. The best three places to go are Osmanbey, Merter and Laleli.

2- Check the text above.

3- Kuyumcukent is the place to go for wholesale purchasing of jewelery. For belts, wallets, etc. Again Osmanbey, Merter and Laleli.

4- You can not get info about wholesale prices without being into the showrooms. tell them exactly what you are looking for amd what you want to do.

5- Wholesalers deal either with cash or credit cards. However to get wholesale prices, you need to buy quantity. These are not retail stores. You can bargain if you like for lower prices.

6- I gave you a contact for a freight forwarder at Osmanbey. Ask them all those questions. The best is one shipment alltogether.

7- Check the laws of Estonia for customs duties for importing textiles into the country. You have to do your homework.

8- I already suggested that you stay at Taksim area.

9- Finally I suggest that you visit some malls in Istanbul to see the merchandise also. Cevahir Mall, Kanyon Mall, Trump Towers Mall, and Istinye park Mall are good candidates. They are all on the metroline from Taksim. For Cevahir and Trump Towers, get off at Sisli, for Kanyon get off at Levent, and for Istinye Park get off the metro at ITU-Ayazaga station.

good luck,

enigma...

Tallinn, Estonia
2. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Thanks You very much for good and quick answer! I am very pleased and think that this information is very useful! You are really one good guy!

Cheers!

:)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
3. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

entu_13, You are most welcome. I am glad I have been of some help.

enigma...

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Uf, just the information I am looking for...

But, I have one more question: on wholesale market is it possible to pay with credit card or do they issue pro forma?

And do I have to take an agent or just buy and than the forwarder picks the goods? What do you recommend? And if you recommend an agent - any suggestions?

How many days I have to count to visit Osmanbay, Merter an Laleli?

Thanks for answer,

Milena

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
5. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Milena, welcome to Istanbul.

You can pay with your credit card if your card limits allow it. Remember wholesale buying is quantity buying. They may add a couple of percentage points on the price for a cash deal for usage of credit cards because selling company pays comissions to the credit card company.

You surely do not need an agent. You can carry the goods with you (unlikely), or have them shipped by a freight forwarder to your address in Ljublijana. Here is a freight forwarder at Osmanbey who can help you: "nakliyeilani.com/dis-ticaret-firmalar/DE31B5…".

You need at least 4 days or more in Istanbul to make all the deals. You can also check Ali Baba for Turkish suppliers or womens wear. "alibaba.com/catalogs/…CID100003161--TR".

good luck,

enigma...

Ljubljana, Slovenia
6. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Thanks Enigma, which are working days on markets: Monday to Friday?

And which hottel do you recommend (4 stars)?

BRG,

Milena

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
7. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Milena, Monday thru Saturday are the working days. I recommend Sirkeci Konak Hotel for you as an excellent 4 star hotel. "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d654651…".

enigma...

Amman, Jordan
8. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

Hi;i am planing to come to Istanbul ,order good quality women tops as i designed , simple but accessory of plastic ,metal or fabric stuff additions,my questions are; do you recomend buying tops and dresses from wolesels shops instead of ordering them from manufacturers to save time?what are the websites i should visit to find textile companies or textile manufacturers ican do my design in sertain quantity?from where can i get the accessories i would add?is there any speciffic place ,suk or clothes accessory wolesale market? as i heared that there are some places where one can find the accessories as well as they could be made by order but in higher cost(turkish made)..thanks alot for your help.

Thuraya\Jordan

e-mail; talali2009@yahoo.com

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
9. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

talal, welcome to Istanbul.

It all depends. You have to order big quantities from the manufacturers. So you can start using the wholesalers first.

You can check the following links: "http://www.tekstilportal.com/firm_cat.asp" and "alibaba.com/catalogs/…CID100005793--TR". Contracting manufaturers is called "fason" in Turkey. Here are the "fason" manufacturing mills. "http://www.tekstilportal.com/son51.asp".

good luck,

enigma...

Cairo, Egypt
10. Re: Buying wholesale clothing and accessories from Istanbul

please Enigma, i really really need help. its the 1st time im thinking of not flying to turkey cause i'd be so pissed off if i didnt get to do shopping once again as wht happened in Dubai feb/2013, if u knw websites to some brands or turkish brands, (smthng i can switch the language from turkish to english ) to compare the prices and stuff like that, please let me knw.........oh btw when do these kind of brands do have sale????