We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lausanne...
Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

Hello!

Could you tell me if the Dolmabahce Palace is open for visits in February? In the website they only mention the "summer" opening time...

In guidebooks, they seem to say that Istanbul is a little bit dead in February... could you also give some suggestions about how to spend the evening in spite of the cold weather? any nice evening strolls or traditional show to assist to?

Thank you so much in advance !

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 17
1. Re: Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

Yes, there are winter opening times as well - it just closes earlier. There is no difference in Istanbul in Feb to any other time in terms of what is open (apart from the summer nightclubs) - just there will be less tourists and the queues will be shorter!

Beirut, Lebanon
2. Re: Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

how much costs the entrance?

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 208
3. Re: Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

Hi MiroKh, I spent the entire month of February in Istanbul three years ago, and it was lovely. The weather was rather cold, but we had expected that and had packed accordingly. If you dress warmly and have some shoes that can endure a bit of wet pavement you should have no difficulty. Actually, one of the nicest days I have ever had on the Bosphorus was on a brilliant sunny day in February.

Frankly I much prefer Istanbul in the winter over the summer. The temperatures are manageable. There are virtually no lines anywhere and the hotels are offering off-season rates. It is a great time to visit.

There are tourist operations that provide a meal and an evening of "traditional dancing" in several locations. I have never participated in these because I know the meal is disappointing and the dancing lacking in both authenticity and energy. I prefer to consult local sources and do in Istanbul what I do in every large city I visit. I find concerts, recitals, opera, or other performances that interest me, and I ask the staff at my hotel to obtain tickets for me. Alternatively we select a nice restaurant and enjoy a long and leisurely meal, preferable in some location with a view.

Almost everything you do in Istanbul is inside so the weather is not a huge factor in your enjoyment of the city. If you want to walk you should walk down Istiklal St during the day. You could go to the Asian side and walk down Bagdat Street in Kadikoy. I probably would not enjoy walking extensively outside after the sun sets.

The charge of Dolmabahce Palace is 20TL for the Palace and another 20TL for the haram, and you should do both of them while you are there.

Beirut, Lebanon
4. Re: Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

thank you so much dear

5. Re: Dolmabahce Palace in February - Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 31, 2014