We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Hi ,

Requst to all forum experts to provide help in following .we are 2 adults and one child ages 9 years and stay in Dubai.we will be reaching on 17 march(SUNDAY) at 11.30 am at ataturk airport and flying out on 20/03 at 8:20 am(Turkish airline).-

•how will be the weather in general that time ?

•I have short listed Anatolia apartment in sultanahmet and sultanahmet suites .which one is closer to most of sites.anatolia is offering a good deal.or else pls suggest anything with kitchenette .

•how shud I plan my trip and what all I can cover.do not prefer to make it too hectic .

Most important is shud I apply visa on arrival (indian holding schengen visa).one of friend had lots of trouble in getting it at airport(long ques,attitude etc) and he suggest that being with family I shud get it from Dubai.visa cost is very high in dubai.

Pleases advise your expert opinion .

Regds

Amit

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 56
1. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Amit, welcome to Istanbul. Who can predict the weather? Istanbul has 4 seasons unlike Dubai. The weather in March will be chilly but there will be nice sunny days.

Anatolia Suites is somewhat closer to the Blue Mosque and has the following reviews: "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d110236…". It is about 5 minutes walk from Sultanahmet square. Sultanahmet Suites also has good reviews: "tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293974-d656391…", but is about 15 minutes walking distance away from the Blue mosque. They have somewhat more mixed reviews recently. You should decide based upon reviews, location, prices, amenities and other factors of importance to you.

You should really try to finish the historical attractions at the Old City first (Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern, Hippodrome, Topkapi palace, Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, etc.) amnd then start discovering Beglu/Istiklal street areas, especially in the evenings. Have a look at my post No. 2: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k4759…". A short Bosphorus cruise is very important. That will take only 1.5 hours and you can do it with Turyol company, from its own piers at Eminonu.

As Indian citizens, you have been given the priviledge of obtaining a visa on arrival if you already have a valid Schengen or OECD member country visa. So use it. If you and family members have a valid Schengen visa, you can easily get a visa on arrival. It is lot cheaper and much more convenient.

good luck,

enigma...

Dubai, United Arab...
2. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Hi Enigma

Thank you very much for valuable inputs and sorry for being late.i have more or less finalised anatolia suites as it is almost euro 50 per night cheaper compare to sultanahmet suites and is closer also.

Will be in touch again shud I require any further assistance .

Thanks a lot again .

Warm regards

Amit singh

Atlanta, Georgia
3. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Hi,

I recently visited Istanbul and I was very impressed. I made this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWY8L5NQ8Ag with the main attractions visited.

By the way, I think the link from the video description can help you with accommodation.

I hope you'll find this helpful.

Enjoy your journey!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 56
4. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

bmfMax, Thanks for this beautiful video. It wonderfully depicts most of the attractions of Istanbul.

enigma...

Dubai, United Arab...
5. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

Very nicely made videos ,very clear and clean

Thanks a lot

Regds

Amit

Hi Enigma

Thank you very much for valuable inputs and sorry for being late.i have more or less finalised anatolia suites as it is almost euro 50 per night cheaper compare to sultanahmet suites and is closer also.

Will be in touch again shud I require any further assistance .

Thanks a lot again .

Warm regards

Amit singh

6. Re: Trip to Istanbul for 3 nights(17/03/13)-help !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 14, 2013