We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

istanbul van rental

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, New York...
istanbul van rental

hi there,

i'm looking for recommendations on a car rental company that offers large vehicles. Avis/Hertz/etc. don't offer what i'm looking for.

my family and i are going to be driving from Istanbul to Kalkan and need to rent a car that is big enough to fit 5 adults and 5-7 large suitcases comfortably. this car would also preferably have an automatic transmission.

anybody have any thoughts on a good van rental?

ellie

Istanbul
reviews: 1
1. Re: istanbul van rental

hi ellie,

if you are still planning to arrive august 12th and spend a few days in istanbul and then drive to Kalkan with a few possible stops, you will be probably facing the heavist traffic on the roads due to Ramadan Eid Aug 18-21. The inland route is more than 800kms and if you will go by west coast starting from Izmir, it would probably double the route.

Better to take a domestic flight from istanbul to Dalaman or Antalya airports and then rent a van.

google result for antalya to rent:

http://www.secarrental.com/en

I believe you can find similar local rental cars from Dalaman also.

Flights from Sabiha Gokcen airport would be cheaper but book early due to Ramadan Eid.

have a nice stay..

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 115
2. Re: istanbul van rental

Ellie, in May 2012, 4 of us (adults) hired a VW Caravelle from National Car Hire. Its a large van which can seat 8 comfortably with plenty of room for luggage. They come only in manual which did not cause us any problems. We saw lots of them on the roads too.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
3. Re: istanbul van rental

egogantilstone, welcome to Turkey.

You can rent a van for reasonable rates from "www.economycarrentals.com/CarSelection2.aspx?". However you can try flying to Dalaman Airport from Istanbul and renting this van at Dalaman Airport, which is much closer to Kalkan. On the other hand, if you want to enjoy the roads and the driving, you can rent it in Istanbul.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 4:18 am, July 07, 2012
New York, New York...
4. Re: istanbul van rental

thank you all for such helpful information - much appreciated!

ellie

5. Re: istanbul van rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, November 17, 2012
6. Re: istanbul van rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 09, 2013