We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hello,

My fiance and I are trying to plan a wedding in Turkey. We don't live there, but we have visited and think it would be ideal for a destination wedding in June 2013.

Are there any venues you might recommend for:

1. A cocktail/dinner party - We were thinking of a nice restaurant/lounge with a good view and dance floor

2. A venue for our wedding reception

We are looking to invite 80-100 people. We are on a budget but would like to look into as many options as possible.

Any help would be much appreciated !!

53 replies to this topic
London, United...
31. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Thank you very much.

Best,

Amin

Tampere, Finland
32. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hi Enigma,

I would like to ask for help..

Could you please recomend some beautiful places for wedding in Istanbul (summer2015) with beautiful view, for 80-100 Person , budget can be 8000-10000€ , but if some thing very special it cold be until 13-15000€.

Thank you!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 58
33. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Ruzanna K, In addition to all my suggestions at all my posts in this thread, consider a wedding at Ortakoy Esma Sultan Palace. "http://esmasultan.themarmarahotels.com/".

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
34. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hello,

We're looking for a wedding dinner/celebration option in Istanbul for 50-60 people at the end of August (2014). We are looking to keep it around $100/per person and location with a view, a historical place would be superb, but most we've found come with a price tag to match or don't allow alcohol (we'd like beer/wine).

We called Topaz and they quoted 210YTL/pperson and again, no bridal, but we can cut a cake.

Other hotels have beautiful terraces for the cocktail reception, but then move us into a small private (window-less or street view) corporate type room (no thank you).

We're waiting to hear back from Turnatur regarding a sit down dinner and what happens if there's rain.

We're in Istanbul now to check things out and will be back early July to finalize everything and settle in.

Thanks so much for any help/advice!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
35. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Eliza, This thread is full of suggestions. Armada Hotel at Sultanahmet can do a wedding for you at their wonderful terrace restaurant with unbeatable views of the sea and the Blue Mosque. Have a look: "www.armadahotel.com.tr/pg_en/wedding.asp". They will probably be close to your budget and definitely serve alcohol. Topaz seems to have met your budgetary criteria. Lufer boats have a campaign for 3 hours boat tour on the Bosphorus with dinner for only 49 TL. Now that is unbeatable: "lufer.com.tr/Sayfa/Oku/teknede-dugun-kampany…". Here is their contact address at Bebek: "http://lufer.com.tr/Sayfa/Oku/iletisim". Speaking of Bebek, you can also get quotes from the Bebek Hotel for their cafe/bar/restaurant right on the water.

good luck,

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
36. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hi Enigma,

Thanks for your information, we have made a lot of inquiries into the restaurants and options and are getting more focused on the boat/cruise options. We have contacted Lufer and unfortunately there is a minimum per person for the special rate (100+) and an additional 30TL/pp for local alcohol beverages, still the price is very reasonable when comparing to a hotel venue.

My question is if there are any company reviews or experiences regarding the quality of the experience, food, wedding cake, decorations, coordination, etc.

We are also in contact with turnatur and my fiance's sister is waiting to hear from another company (don't know the name yet) and I was hoping for some experience or feedback.

Thanks again!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
37. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Eliza, I think you are doing the right thing by concentrating on the Bosphorus tours for a wedding. Here is something I found at the forums on Lufer: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k5184…" (post 5). Here are also reviews of Turnatour which are somewhat mixed: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293974-d2…". However the reviews are for a dinner cruise and not for private wedding organizations like yours. And finally here are some wedding reviews for hotels in Istanbul: "tripadvisor.com/HotelsList-Istanbul-Wedding-…".

good luck,

enigma...

San Francisco...
38. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hi,

I am looking for a good wedding planner that can help me plan my wedding in Turkey. I want to have my religious ceremony done in Blue Mosque, and have a nice reception some where. I heard if i go towards the outskirts of Istanbul it would be a lot more economical, any suggestions? The suggestions above were very helpful! If someone can suggest a few really good makeup artists and wedding planners that would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!

San Francisco...
39. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Hi,

The above suggestions for venues were great! Im trying to plan a wedding in Turkey. We want to have our relgious ceremony at Blue Mosque, and either have a reception or dinner at an outdoor waterfront venue. If you can please suggest some good venues of that criteria, also it came to my attention that if i go a little towards the outskirts of Istanbul there are more economical choices, if you have info on that.

Additionally if you have suggestions on:

1. Makeup artists

2. Wedding/Event Planners

3. Types of Entertainment

That would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
40. Re: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!

Anna, For wedding planners, get in touch with "http://istanbulwedding.net/", and "kmevents-exclusiveweddings.com/?lang=en", and "www.istanbuleventz.com/events/weddings/", and "…angloinfo.com/af/326/istanbul-party-and-wed…", and "http://www.organisationturkey.com/".

For make up artists, "rifatyuzuaksmakeup.com/2014/05/gelin-makyaj-…", and "makeupartistdirectory.com/city/…".

The wedding planner company will help you on the economical location and entertainment.

Also have a look at: "www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/wedding/".

congratulations and good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 6:12 pm, June 25, 2014
Reply to: Wedding in Istanbul - Looking for Venues !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted