We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Turkey forums London meet

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 12
TA Turkey forums London meet

It's been a long while since we had a big TA London meet and I would like to propose one beginning of March.

The strength of TA is that not only we exchange travel experiences and tips but we also make good friends virtual and real, I'm very lucky to have met great people who are regulars on the TA Turkey forums whom I became good friends with.

It is now a tradition that we meet at EV restaurant next to the Southwark tube station and a short walk from Waterloo station which makes it very easy to get to. Great Turkish food and a good atmosphere, we now know the menu inside out (but I still have order for some reason as the only Turkish person!!, lol)

My proposed date is Friday the 4th as weekends are much harder for me with 2 small children. We usually meet for lunch and then end up spending a good 2 - 3 hours chatting and EV is a great place to do this.

I will also post this on the Turkey forum as it would be great to meet new people. You can be a regular poster or an avid lurker, all welcome!!!!

Gocek, Turkey
1. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

I hope I can make it Kozano.

Interesting times!

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 89
2. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

Oh, Kozano, what a delightful opportunity; you are so thoughtful to organize this meet. I hope you and all who attend have a lovely party.

I confess that I also am just a bit jealous as well because although I have tried to organize a second meeting of the Ohio Pashmina Society at my new favorite Turkish restaurant (only 10 minutes from my home!), there simply are not enough/any forum followers in my geographic vicinity. These are the times when I wish I still lived in NYC.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
reviews: 7
3. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

Wonderful stuff Kozano, thank you for organising this!

I may even be able to join you for once.

Sue

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 17
4. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

Count me in. It is always good to meet, discuss recent visits to Istanbul, make plans for the next ones - and just talk about all things Turkish.... It gives us a good chance to make sure the advice we give is current, accurate and up to date.

Oh and eat fantastic food! :)

Fordingbridge...
reviews: 28
5. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

What an excellent idea Kozano.

I'd love to be able to join you and meet the faces behind the names, but unfortunately, I have lectures all day on the 4th March. Weekdays are difficult for me, as I work full time. I can sometimes arrange an odd day off, but these lectures have been booked and paid for for some time, so I really must attend.

Perhaps another time?

Essen, Germany
reviews: 86
6. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

I will wait and see if I can make time for this meeting:-) A very good idea.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
reviews: 10
7. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

I live in London too! March 4th may not be a good day though as it is our wedding anniversary, I will have to see what hubby is up to ;-)

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 17
8. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

Sounds like a great way to start your wedding anniversary celebrations Kedi!

Hope you can come.

London, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

Kedi your hubby is more than welcome, another Turkish person to help me order the food!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
reviews: 10
10. Re: TA Turkey forums London meet

He is more than likely working but if not I could come with my little girl, she is only 4 but she loves Turkish food :-)