We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Taxi Company

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 9
Reliable Taxi Company

Can anyone give me a web address where I can book a taxi transfer from Attaturk please?

Laurence

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 56
1. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Hi Laurence,

You can call the Havalimani Taxi for reservations or simply take any taxi in line at the Airport. "www.havalimanitaksi.com/site/transfer.html".

enigma...

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 17
2. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Another alternative, if you want something you can pre-book, why not have a look at the shuttle companies?

It will cost around €6-8 each and will take you door to door.

Have a look at www.istanbulairportshuttle.com - I have used them several times and have found them reliable.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
3. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Hi,

1. Only airport taxis are allowed to take customers at the airport. You cannot book another taxi.

2. There's no reservation system for airport taxi, they're in queue infront of arrival terminal 7/24.

3. If you like, you can book private transfer which is not a taxi.

Hope this helps,

Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
4. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Alper Bey,

The website address I gave belongs to the "Cooperative of Ataturk Airport Taxi Drivers" " " http://www.havalimanitaksi.com/site/index.php" and it is perfectly allright to make reservations with them. You can call or fax them in advance, and they will meet you at the exit at the customs, and take to the taxi line and will put you in the taxi next in line. I hope you make yourself available to this service next time!

enigma...

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
5. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Enigma,

I didnt read your useless post beforehand, but to answer;

- I'm clever enough to find exit which is located few meters away from customs gate and to identify a taxi in queue so I dont need such a service without any extra advantage other than this where I'm sure its same with Laurenceb.

I want to believe you're happy with this service and not answering questions with google search again as you generally do.

UK
reviews: 9
6. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

Thank you all for the information.

Laurence

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

alper,your answer to enigma was rude. this is not the place for personal animosity.

Gocek, Turkey
8. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

I would agree with Alper that it's a lot easier to get an airport taxi outside the terminal, where there is a proper queue overseen by a "marshal" who will guide you to the next available cab than it is to find a taxi driver waiting for at the exit from Customs, where there is usually a large throng of people waiting to meet someone.

I've been through both experiences in the last four months.

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 17
9. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

There is no doubt that the taxi queue is very easy to find so do not worry about that.

If you have any doubts, there is an information desk in the arrivals hall on your left when you come out from customs.

I guess I still avoid Istanbul taxis wherever possible thanks to their bad reputation for ripping off visitors (and one bad personal experience) - hence I tend to use the shuttles instead. If you do use the taxis, do a search on 'taxi scams' just to be aware of what to look out for. Most are fine but forewarned is forearmed!

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
10. Re: Reliable Taxi Company

lovetravelUs, thank you for your word of reason. I totally agree with you.

enigma...