We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bs as
Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

please can someone tell me the price per gallon or liter of fuel in Istanbul

and if is easy to drive

thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
reviews: 3
1. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

İ noticed yesterday 1 litre of regular petrol is 2.36TL-amongst the most expensive in Europe!!

Driving in İstanbul is a total nightmare,even in the early hours of the morning the traffic is nonstop.Don't do it to yourself my friend-use the plentiful,varied,cheap and regular forms of public transport-much easier :)

Surrey, UK
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 16
2. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

I would class myself as an experienced and pretty confident driver.... I used to drive trucks around London for theatre companies, and I held a public service vehicle licence (also in London - which is known for its nightmare traffic)!

I would NEVER drive in Istanbul!!!! It is just too crazy, far too busy, impossible to park, and with nightmare drivers - and public transport is so easy!

bs as
3. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

Great advice thanks Sarik and Gone !

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 210
4. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

To drive in Istanbul requires the courage of a gladiator along with a wanton disregard for the value of your vehicle. I cannot even imagine how difficult it must be to find a parking place.

I know people who live here who drive all of the time. Sometimes they even take me places, and I appreciate them more than words can say. I believe, however, that driving in this city requires a skill set that few people who do not live full-time in this city possess.

Take the tram, Metro, bus, ferry, train or even a taxi.

bs as
5. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

thanks Busy

Concord, California
reviews: 10
6. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

never driven in Istanbul,but the traffic is horrible! I have been stuck in it sometimes for 20-25 minutes,never moving. the pollution there from car exhaust is miserable. parking on the streets is hard,but there are plenty of "oto parks" around,not sure how much they are. I agree with the other posters,take public transportatio.

7. Re: Price of fuel in Turkey , is easy to drive ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 13, 2009