We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Which Istanbul hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 9
having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Dear all:

I hope you can offer some advice. I am finding it relatively difficult to secure a hotel booking around mid september.

I am hoping to stay in a boutique type hotel in Sultanahmet in mid september for 4 nights. i have tried about 5-6 hotels, with no joy yet?

Is there a reason for this, such as hotels being block reserved for tour groups, or is something happening in the city at this time? Or is it just plain bad luck?

My budget is max 120 euro a night.

NY, NY/Istanbul...
reviews: 3
1. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Hi Mull: these days there is always something going on in Istanbul. Let's see if we can help you out. Where have you tried an been refused. Let us know and we'll work from there. LL

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 70
2. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Hi Mull,

I am sure LL could work something for you. Just for your info, mid-september in Istanbul is Ramadan time. I hope you will enjoy your trip plus to see how the muslims celebrate the Ramadan and you may try one of the Ramadan tents for an experience!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 41
3. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Hello,

I am also wondering why you so far could not get a room. I know big happenings make it hard, something like a Grand Prix, but I have no information if there is somethin in Spetember. Perhaps Alper might know.

Ramadan would not be a reason. Ramadan start on the 13th of September, but only until Bayram, the end of Ramadan the Turks have their holidays.

Did you check out the hotels that are recommended in this Forum?

Try the Apricot, always happy people return to the Forum.

Or Daphne, or Nena? Did you try these?

Good luck!

Bottrop, Germany
reviews: 89
4. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Grand Prix is in August, 26.

Istanbul, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
5. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Hi Mullmick,

I made a google search and found hundreds of hotels:) For example, try this link: http://www.otel.com I didnt use this site before but there're many hotels available. Maybe someone can tell if it's reputable or not. Also there're many other web sites offering reservation. Just search through google.

Best wishes, Alper

http://locallypera.blogspot.com

Bottrop, Germany
reviews: 89
6. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

HiMullmick,

I often used following link to compare and find out the e-Mail adresses of the hotels:

istanbulfotos.antalyanet.de/hotel.php…

&i=200

Just try it perhaps.

Good luck

Patara01

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 210
7. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Dear MullMick, Have you tried emailing hotels in Sultanahmet directly? My recommendation is The Apricot Hotel. Type it into Google. Their web page comes up and you can email them from that. I rather imagine that they will have space in September, and I am confident that they will respond immediately. If they do not have a room they may be able to suggest some near-by property for you.

Good Luck.

Ireland
8. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Thank you all for your responses. I should have provided more information in my earlier post.

i have contacted all of the hotels directly.

The include the Sarnic, Empress Zoe, Dersaadet, and there is limited availability at the Kybele. I am trying to find the emails I got back from a few others I have tried. Am I just picking the most popular hotels, hence being disappointed?

The hotels I investigated are probably all of the same "type". Any others I should investigate, or should I got for the Kybele?

Sincerely many thanks for your responses so far!

NY, NY/Istanbul...
reviews: 3
9. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Hi Mick: I think that the Kybele is a good choice, also try Valide Sultan, Daphne, Zeynup Sultan, a lot of posters like the Apricot, I like the Ada, Turkoman, I believe all of these are in your budget range. LL

Ireland
10. Re: having difficulty with getting a hotel room?

Thankyou lemon lady and others.

Just emailed the apricot, and will try some of the others suggested

I should probably just try a hotel booking agency online, but I would prefer a turkish owned hotel, and would like to give all my money to them for my stay rather than some to a middle man agent (just a personal thing), hence preferring to contact them directly .

Many thanks again- I cant wait to visit the city, and will be sure to use this site, and report back on my return.