We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aprodisias

Which Turkey hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guernsey, Channel...
reviews: 1
Aprodisias

Hello

Searching for travellers who have visited Aphrodisias - I am looking for a photo of a bench seat sitiuated in

side the main entrance on the left hand side and about opposite a field of sarcophagi near the museum. It is carved from blue grey marble and the back of the seat is made up of a reclining woman, really unusual and quite bizarre. A picture of this will complete my travelogue, this is a personal memory album and not for commercial use. Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Aprodisias

Are you talking about Aphrodias?

Guernsey, Channel...
2. Re: Aprodisias

Hey rwb47

Certainly am! - tried to go back and edit but was apparently too late. Have you any news for me?

Best wishes.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Aprodisias

Have a look below I dont know exactly what your looking for.

photostocksource.com/gallery-turkey-archaeol…

Guernsey, Channel...
4. Re: Aprodisias

Many thanks rwb47

Unfortunatley I have drawn a blank on these; I imagine that the small piece of craftmanship I am looking for would pale into insignicance bearing in mind the quality and quantity of the artifacts on this awsome site. Will just have to go back!

Best wishes.

Istanbul, Turkey
5. Re: Aprodisias

Try sending a PM to member DavidM1.He has been there and may well have pictures or at least know what you are talking about.

The New Forest, UK
reviews: 11
6. Re: Aprodisias

No chance, Sari. Last time I was there was '82 and I only took about 3 photos.

Guernsey, Channel...
7. Re: Aprodisias

Hey, and more thanks to you all.

Best wishe.

Gocek, Turkey
8. Re: Aprodisias

I have several photos of Afrodisias posted in my TA photos, but I don't have a photo of the piece you mention.

Guernsey, Channel...
9. Re: Aprodisias

Many thanks for looking Dudisimo.

Best wishes.

Gocek, Turkey
10. Re: Aprodisias

No problem, Stileto.

Maybe someone who is going to to Afrodisias can look for this bench and take a photo for you.

Afrodisias is certainly a location that nobody who has the opportunity to visit should miss.