We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Uzbek.with a package group

Which Tashkent hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greece
reviews: 21
Travelling to Uzbek.with a package group

The tour operator has arranged visa issues, flights, hotels etc. Are we going to face similar problems with those travelling there solo? I particularly hate bribing and bureaucratic formalities get me upset. I hope that travelling with a group of tourists will have no problems. Am I right or wrong?

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 103
1. Re: Travelling to Uzbek.with a package group

It really depends on your tour operator, so I guess no one has a straightforward answer.

However, if you follow the correct procedures, which can be bureaucratic, and adhere to the rules and common sense, probably you face no bribing issues. Even in case you face one, you can be confident to refuse them and demand a call to your embassy if you are 100% sure that you have done nothing wrong.

This is a rough part of the world, and post-Soviet officials can be very corrupt. If you don't like the thrill, then this might not be your destination. Having said that, I think that if you're not very unlucky, you'll have a good time there. Good luck !

Edited: 11:18 am, April 08, 2011
Greece
reviews: 21
2. Re: Travelling to Uzbek.with a package group

Many thanks for your time. Well I guess that travelling is a little bit thrill - even in Paris, London etc. So I will meet the challenge!

3. Re: Travelling to Uzbek.with a package group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 26, 2012