We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Protaras, Cyprus
reviews: 55
Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

If anyone is going to this hotel between 15 Feb and 8 March we'd be grateful for an update on the renovations work at this hotel. We are a bit worried about noise during our stay next month.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 273
1. Re: Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

Hi,

I ve just heard that the renovation work at the hotel is still being done at the banquet hall areas and since I saw your topic I did call the hotel to find out further information.

They informed me that the renovations at the pool side is completed in full but the banquet hall areas are still going on which may go upto the end of April..

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Treshi, colombo, Sri Lanka

Protaras, Cyprus
2. Re: Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

Many thanks Treshi, I don't suppose we will be requiring the use of the banqueting hall, so it should be OK.

England
3. Re: Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

Hey Metrobird

Did you stay at the Mount Lavinia? What did you think? Hope you had a good time.

Foxie

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 144
4. Re: Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

Hmmm.. we visited them this week, to prepare for our function in September. All guest rooms and the restaurant looked perfectly okay, the mess is only in the function rooms. And that could indeed cause some noise at daytime for part of the guestrooms. The rooms that they showed us, in Governors Wing, did not suffer from the building noise.

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Protaras, Cyprus
5. Re: Mount Lavinia Hotel - Renovations

We were there from 12-18 March and there was a bit of noise in the day when you were sitting by the pool, although it wasn't excessive and it not start too early. It was mainly sawing and drilling. You could not hear any noise from the rooms in the bay wing.

The renovations to the ballroom are extensive. Whilst we were there the interior looked like it was being completely gutted. I hope they make a good job of restoring it!! I'm sure it will enhance the hotel significantly.