We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe for Sri Lankan to keep my luggage in transit

Which Colombo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
avicov
reviews: 32
Is it safe for Sri Lankan to keep my luggage in transit

Hi guys

Landing at 10:40pm in Colombo from Bangalore and then the only connecting flight to Male is at 7.05am the next morning. I am eligible for the night stop service.

Has anyone used the service?

Is my luggage safe with them for so long?

Ahungalla, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Kalutara, Ahungalla
reviews: 9
1. Re: Is it safe for Sri Lankan to keep my luggage in transit

Hi there....

Yes, as your stopover is more than 8 hours and less than 24 then you are eligable for Sri Lankan's night stop service BUT.... ONLY if you have a through return ticket on Sri Lankan's UL flight codes, code share flights do not qualify for this.

Cannot comment on luggage question, as i have never used this service.

You last post asked about will there be lots of incomming flights at 10.40 pm, again cannot answer as i have never been at airport at that time, the long haul flights from Europe mostly arrive early morning or around mid day till early evening though !

Regards

Dave

2. Re: Is it safe for Sri Lankan to keep my luggage in transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 09, 2009