We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

Hi,

We are looking into options for our Honeymoon which we plan to go on in January 2015 for 10 days.

The Maldives look just amazing but we are struggling to decide on a resort. Our budget is £5,500-£6,000 max and our main 'must haves' are to be in an all inclusive that includes cocktails, somewhere a little modernised, great food, child free (if poss) and to be on a fab part of the beach.

Should we have concerns about the weather there in January?

I will look forward to your advice.

Thanks,

Holly

6 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 76
1. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

Welcome to the forum.

Jan is a great time to go for dry weather....but that also makes it a more expensive time.

Check out this FAQ first and then tell us as much as you can about what kind of island & room you are ideally looking for, and what you need to cover in the budget:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293953-c179809/Mal…

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 76
2. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

There is only one adults only (18+) island....Komandoo.

Manchester, United...
3. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

We would have loved to have a water villa but have come to the conclusion that is out of our budget so a beach villa would be great, big bed, quiet... We would like to get a speed boat transfer if poss and really are just looking for a relaxed, romantic trip. Neither of us are too bothered about snorkelling which is a shame I know but I'm a wuss. A pool would be lovely as well as the sea. Good food is important we like all types if food. A bit of nightlife would be good but the main thing is to be literally on the beach all holiday. Hope I haven't missed anything

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

did you end up choosing one? I hear Vilamendhoo is what fits your budget and its pretty nice. Im in the same search for April/May 2015

United Kingdom
reviews: 22
5. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

Hi

I agree with our expert ,Komandoo is a fantastic choice for your honeymoon . Vilamendhoo is also a nice island and doese have some adult only areas including restaurants/bars and a pool .

Both of these islands have a sea plane transfer .

Get you self a good agent to help you book your accommodation and transfer some will also assist you with your international flights.

Darryl

Kent, England
reviews: 45
6. Re: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon

Darryl the op started this almost 6 months ago, its been resurrected for some bizarre reason!

Reply to: Would love some advice with planning our Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted