My husband and I are considering the Maldives over Christmas/New Year if we can find:
1. An "affordable", quiet, beach front hotel/villa with sunset view, prefer 4 star or better (something between $450 to $700 per night). No party animals, but some life.
2. A friendly and helpful dive center
3. Reliable wifi
4. Outdoor/water activities - private fishing excursion, maybe whale watching, kayaking, sailing, etc.
5. A location that is not too remote - would like a few restaurant choices; maximum of one transfer once landing on Male
6. Flexible seating (don't want to be forced to sit at the same table for every meal).
7. Great breakfast (option to have fresh cooked eggs, not just cold/tasteless buffet eggs)
Not sure if our budget is high enough for the Peak Season. And, some resorts are already booked, as you might imagine. If you have any specific recommendations, that would be great. Or, just any thoughts on specific islands to choose (or stay away from). There is a lot of information to sort through...