We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

My husband and I will be traveling to the W Maldives in May. I'm currently booked for just breakfast only, but I wonder if it will be worthwhile to go for half board which includes dinner? It will cost me USD448 extra to upgrade to half board for 4 nights. Thanks!

London, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

Hi, it's not a resort that's discussed on here often.

So if I was you, I would email the resort and ask for the menus with prices. Ask what the half board includes ie can you eat in any restaurant and what are the restrictions.

Then compare,,what are you likely to have for dinner versus the half board option, do the math and make your decision.

Is the 448 for one person or two?

Hong Kong, China
2. Re: W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

Hi, 448 is for one person.

London, United...
reviews: 22
3. Re: W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

Wow, that seems quite expensive to me, which would indicate the food is expensive. Email the resort and ask for the menus etc as per previous post. If you tend not to have three course meals, you might find it cheaper to simply pay for what you order.

middx
reviews: 1
4. Re: W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

We went there a couple of years ago, and based on our experience then I would definitely go bed and breakfast. There were a lot cheaper options than half board cost eating wellt! We particularly enjoyed room service one night, bargain same price as restaurant and there are cheaper options!!

But Froggy is spot on get a copy of current menu.

Edited: 4:15 am, April 13, 2013
5. Re: W Spa and Retreat Maldives - just breakfast or half board?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 15, 2014