We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Helier, United...
reviews: 26
Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Hi all,

We have competing honeymoon quotes from each of Kuoni and Destinology - the quotes are broadly similar and so I wanted to check whether anyone had a particular view if the agent chosen makes any difference and, if so, if there are any thoughts on either of these companies.

Cheers

PS we are looking at either Kuramathi, Meeru or Hilton Iru Fushi.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
1. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Also try travel designers and travel lab . The agents are normally cheaper but the documentation and the holidays are identical . You are buying a kuoni holiday through an agreed kuoni agent.

france
reviews: 34
2. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

I have used both, I had a problem with a holiday I went to with kuoni, but after sending a letter it was resolved to my satisfaction, I have also used kuoni agents and had no problems.

I have bookings this year thro destinology, so far I have found the customer service excellent, and more 'reachable' than with kuoni.

there are also Kuoni agents who sell you a kuoni holiday with all the safety of kuoni - often can be as much as 6% less than the kuoni brochre price.

(which on a maldives holiday is quite an amount...

Travel counsellors - Lesley Waldron, and ano ther 2 or 3 but at the moment I cannot remember their names.

other regulars will no doubt be along soon to fill in the gaps I cannot !

cassie

;))

or even before !! as pauls post above suggests !

Edited: 9:18 am, January 09, 2013
St. Helier, United...
3. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Thanks both

Manchester, United...
reviews: 58
4. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

We have used Kuoni a few times and often they sub things out at your ultimate destinations (as many compannies do) so levels of service have depended on the quality of whoever they have subbed out to which has varried from destination to destination.In Hong Kong last year we were not impressed at just being shoved on an airport shuttle by someone who was very unintereste( despite the fact Kuoni have an office in Hong Kong they still weren't there.In Bangkok I was presented with a beautiful orchid on departure and the transfers in Thailand were excelent (subbed out to Asia Trails) so just depends who you get I guess.Too big to be consistant?

No experience with the other company but think they are just a travel agent.

uk
reviews: 3
5. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Both companies are very good. The advantage Kuoni has is they have destination representatives here in the Maldives so if anything unfortunate should happen (which I'm sure it won't) you at least have someone here at hand and depending which island it is, you may find they live on the resort you are staying.

Hampshire, UK
reviews: 68
6. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

We've travelled once with Kuoni and at least 6 long haul with Destinology. Price related for sure but like the personal contact you get with the latter - we know our contact by name & little things like thank you & Christmas cards are quite sweet!

Dorset
reviews: 9
7. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

We've found Destinology to be cheaper over recent years and have used them. Service has been fine and we don't miss the Kuoni reps who, in our experience weren't based on our island and seemd to do very little on the rare occasions they visited. Your resport will sort out most problems you may experience (e.g. delayed luggage)

Cannock, United...
reviews: 20
8. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

For Meeru or Hilton you could also try quotes from Hayes and Jarvis. IME they are usually a bit cheaper than Kuoni.

I've never booked with Kuoni, one reason being that they had some issues a while ago with seat reservations on the Emirates flights. They block booked seats on the flights and then the seat locator reference given had access to a number of seat requests (I guess from all of the Kuoni bookings?) so it would have been possible to move people around (or have done likewise) once you'd selected your seat.

Anyone know if this has been sorted out now?

I guess this is only applicable if your route is using Emirates but thought it worth a mention.

Cheers,

Rob

St. Helier, United...
9. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

Thanks - the Hayes and Jarvis rates look realy good.

10. Re: Kuoni or Destinology - any difference?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 13, 2014