We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Hi,

My fiance and I will be going on a honeymoon in Maldives in july. We would like to stay for 4 nights (should suffice right?). Some questions that we would like to ask is:

Which hotel would be the best in terms of snorkelling nearby? She can't dive so its only limited to snorkelling. Our budget is $500 per night, we don't mind stretching it if its a nice hotel as we would really want the hotel to be very nice and romantic. We also want a villa overlooking the ocean. Currently we are looking at six sense laamu and baros.

When will be the best time to book a hotel? Promotions?

What about game fishing? We would love to do some bottom bashing and game fishing. How much would it cost?

Thanks for your help!

London, United...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Hi, welcome to the forum. Four nights is a very short time, you probably need to take a day either side for travel,.

Cost for fishing will depend on the resort you go to.

Why don't you try a good travel agent ie Richard at purely Maldives is a regular on here and well regarded ( just search for him on this forum) , so should be able to recommend and also quote for what is available.

Best time to book, would be as soon as you can to ensure availability on both the resort and room type you wish.

Dorset
reviews: 6
2. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

B****m bashing? What is that?

Cape Town Central...
3. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Bottom bashing?

Dorset
reviews: 6
4. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

I'm afraid to Google it......

Swanwick, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

I think bottom bashing is just a fishing technique.

I had at first thought it was a donut ride.

Cape Town Central...
6. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

'I think bottom bashing is just a fishing technique.'

For the sake of the thread and the OP i really hope so :-p

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
reviews: 2
7. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Somehow I don't think this bottom bashing would exist in the Maldives?

The Maldivians are fiercely protective of their fish.

....AG

8. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

bottom bashing is actually a fishing technique where by an angler drops his fishing line into the ocean. :P

actually currently i am interested in 2 resorts, namely vilamendhoo island ($500 fullboard) and hilton irufushi ($600). would you guys recommend these 2 resorts? My fiance can't really swim well so we can only do snorkelling. I've heard that the house reef in vilamendhoo is nice.

how much would a seaplane trip cost?

@froggy, I've actually sent an email to purelymaldives but not too sure if richard will be receiving it.

Both of us are looking to enjoy our honeymoon but we are actually trying to find the best deal! :)

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 18
9. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

vila does have a good reef .. however, it has some wicked currents and for a weak swimmer, i'd advise caution . the seaplane used to be 300$ per person in 2011 .. expect it to have gone up some.

irufushi is a nicer resort than vila with a less good reef. the seaplane to iru is a chunk more expensive

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
reviews: 2
10. Re: Honeymoon Maldives July 2013

Thanks for the explanation re bottom bashing.

Some islands offer excursions as big game fishing. Best one I ever did was at Vilu Reef where we caught 5 tunas early one morning although there are quite possibly other islands where they may do better. Some islands don't have the correct fishing boat so I'd advise caution if you want a fishing trip out of your honeymoon.

You can try Stylish Resorts here in the UK as well - they are competitive. PM me if you are not able to google them

....AG

Edited: 10:35 am, December 27, 2012