We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athuruga

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
Athuruga

What makes Athuruga ' the best A I '

Germany
1. Re: Athuruga

Simply stated it covers everything. You pay for Lobster and Champagne. Everything else is covered right down to cigarettes.

For those who aren't that familiar with the Maldives and are saying "well isnt that what all inclusive means?"

You have to be very careful when a resort says they have an "all inclusive" package. In many places the mini bar is not included so if you want a drink you have to go to the bar and get a cup of coka cola or a cup of beer which is of course flat or warm by the time you get back to your room. Or if you want to get a cocktail there are only certain hours or certain bars or certain cocktails that are included. Some resorts if you go out on the dive boat or on excursion trips you find that you are paying a boat charge thats added to your dive bill. Some places you get two small bottles of water a day.

Basically its a matter of not having to worry about paying for anything other than your diving and what you buy in the gift store or worrying about how many 5$ beers or 10$ cocktails I can afford.

Germany
2. Re: Athuruga

Oh I forgot about my favorite. You can just show up in the morning and get yourself a cappuccino in the morning or an ice coffee and some nice snacks in the afternoon. Try doing that at some of these places and see what you will pay. I really cannot sing the praises of that island enough. Many of the staff have been there a long time and really go above and beyond in treating you like special guests. The island is relatively small (46 Bungalows) and never feels crowded. Its a great place to relax so the AI package is just the iciing on the cake.

Auckland, New...
3. Re: Athuruga

Thanks for all the info, you've sold it to me. Were off May31 2006.

I've been searching the net for more info, as one does, and I have found a site that it states the Island has some garden bungalows? I would be deeply dissapointed if we were to be offered one of these. In your experiance, do have you knowledge of these and would it be cause for concern?

I have also been reading some German forums and they seem much less reserved that us (us meaning me from the UK) as they go into much more detail regarding food, entertainment, rooms and location of rooms etc.

By the way we have done the Maldives three times before so were not virgins. This will be our last visit before emmigrating to New Zealand hopefully within the next six weeks or so?

Germany
4. Re: Athuruga

Loxley

See my reply about the garden bungalows in your other post about this subject. Well I hope tha t you won't be disappointed if I sold you on it! (smiles) (wondering if they will give me a free lobster dinner the next time I go for being a salesman for their resort).

If you have any questions about the place don't hesitate to ask.

Hampshire, UK
reviews: 1
5. Re: Athuruga

Hey Skibum - do the buildings still have tiled roofs? I e-mailed them to check 3 days ago and haven't yet received a reply.

Germany
6. Re: Athuruga

The room upgrades were for the interior only (with the exception of the patio furniture).

Hampshire, UK
7. Re: Athuruga

Tanks. And damn!

Hampshire, UK
8. Re: Athuruga

Sorry that should have been "thanks". Still waiting for e-mail reply - 5 days now.