We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute deals

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kevelaer, Germany
reviews: 5
Last minute deals

Hi All,

This might be a dumb question, but has anyone here managed to score a great deal booking one or two days before going to the Maldives?

I'm thinking of going in January (I know that this is a particularly busy time) and don't want to miss out on going away if prices are the same/everything is booked up etc.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

J

Manchester, United...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Last minute deals

I waited and waited for a late deal this year and booked approx 9-10 days before going in the end. Price was no better than the prices months before. If anything, you can sometimes get free upgrades if you book early?

france
reviews: 34
2. Re: Last minute deals

I think last minute deals in peak high season are highly unlikely, your island choice would be very limited, if you know which islands are on your radar best bet would be to see if they still have availability! then just book it......

London, United...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Last minute deals

I've never been lucky enough to secure such a deal and given that the most popular places can get booked up a year in advance for high season, the chances of something coming up are pretty remote. If you're prepared to risk it and maybe go somewhere that wouldn't have been your first choice, then give it a go, although the price is not going to be significantly cheaper. If it were me, I'd find what I want now and book it asap before someone else snaps it up!

SL

Kevelaer, Germany
reviews: 5
4. Re: Last minute deals

Thanks for the replies!

I figured that this might be the case. Picking an Island seems like a big task - there is too much choice. I was hoping that getting a great deal would help me make up my mind!

J

5. Re: Last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:07 pm, January 30, 2014
suffolk
reviews: 53
6. Re: Last minute deals

charlie......it is unusual to get a better deal by booking direct in the Maldives.....well done if you have but make sure your transfers are included.

Late deals in the Maldives usually are more expensive rather than cheaper because, unlike Spain, Tenerife etc, there are not thousands of empty rooms unbooked.

John

7. Re: Last minute deals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:07 pm, January 30, 2014
Scotland
reviews: 16
8. Re: Last minute deals

I can tell you there wasn't a single deal to be had for Europe a few weeks back. Travel Agent told us that long gone are the days where they block book rooms and have to sell them cheap at the last minute. The prices we were quoted was beyond ridiculous.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 22
9. Re: Last minute deals

D arryl

Edited: 2:09 pm, October 07, 2012
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Last minute deals

Sorry new phone ;-))

Edited: 2:09 pm, October 07, 2012