We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeru or Bandos ??

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Argentina
reviews: 15
Meeru or Bandos ??

Hi !!

I'll go to Maldives next October and my travel agent offered me 2 options ...Meeru or Bandos Island but I don´t know what I must choose because both websites shows amazing pictures

we are a couple (40 years old) without kids

How's the weather in October ?

Could anyone give me information ? Positive and negative are welcome !!!

Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 43
1. Re: Meeru or Bandos ??

Personally I would go for Meeru Island, and as a minimum the Beach or as some tour ops still call them Land Villas, - budget permitting the Jacuzzi Water Villas are really nice. Meeru is a good size island, and whilst no guaranteed can be given about kids being on the island, it does not have a kids club or kids area. Meeru offers both Full Board and All Inclusive.

Bandos is quite close to both Male, and Hulhule the airport island, and the island can sometimes have cabin crew staying on the island also. The island is very family friendly with kids club and activities. Again the jacuzzi beach rooms are really nice. Bandos offers from Bed & Breakfast through to full board as meal plan options.

Hope this initial info helps. I used to live in the Maldives, so if you would like further info on the islands, then please feel free to contact me.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 19
2. Re: Meeru or Bandos ??

now i have to foolishly ask why a travel agent decides where you are going on your dime?

neither island would be my choice to be honest.

if this particular agent can't provide anything else, i would choose another one or book on my own, personally.

like already mentioned.. bandos has its weaknesses and meeru .. well... its much too large to be a "typical maldivian island" .. there are roads and vehicles .. which is a total no-no for me ...and worse yet .. meeru has no accessible housereef.

if forced to choose between those two, i'd have to

say bandos.. but they are both pretty low on my personal list. i would think that you can find much better in the price class .. you could look at fihalhohi, biyadhoo, vilamendhoo, angaga, maayafushi, dhiggiri, reethi beach .. just to name a few.

having said all that .. being your first visit, you are certain to love either island. the maldives are still beautiful , no matter which resort you pick.

october is the rainy season.. expect a few showers.

Argentina
reviews: 15
3. Re: Meeru or Bandos ??

Allie and spammie

Thanks for your replay !!

We will go to India and ask them about a trip to Maldivas and they suggest me Meeru or Bandos but you rigth, there are a lot of island to choose.

I'll keep im mind your comments

Regards and have a nice day

4. Re: Meeru or Bandos ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 30, 2009