We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mirihi

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Essex
Mirihi

Hi everyone,

I have just got the new Hayes and Jarvis brochure and have noticed this island - does anyone know anything about it?? I want somewhere tiny and this only has 36 rooms I think but I need to do a bit more research first.

Thanks!

England, UK
11. Re: Mirihi

Those who have been, can you tell me is there much private space on the beach, with some shade and much area to swim without coral (for when dont want to snorkel!). thank you.

Taiwan
12. Re: Mirihi

hunter2,

All the beaches are public, everyone can enjoy their sunbath on the beach where they want. The terrace of a beach villa is private. Others are not easy to get in, but if they want, they can see the terrace through the gap among trees. The beach villa is embraced by bosk, and there is a footpath leading to the sea. The terrace of a water villa is more private, others can't see you unless they snokel or canoe just in front of you.

Mirihi is all rounded by her house reef. It's great for snorkeling but not easy for swimming I think. Not too many people swim when I was there. There is also not a swimming pool there.

England, UK
13. Re: Mirihi

Thanks for reply. i would get a water villa, just wanted to check is enough space on beach to sunbathe, with some shade (for my boydriend!)

UK
14. Re: Mirihi

Hi

I stayed at Mirihi last year and loved it. Beautiful Water Villas! We booked through Tropic Breeze I think. We also stayed at a resort called Makunudu which has only 35 rooms on the beach around a tiny island.

Can't wait to go back

Taiwan
15. Re: Mirihi

Hello happyholidayhunter,

Could you please compare the two islands, Mirihi and Makunudu?

Beaches, house reefs, costs, foods, accommodations, services, snorkeling and diving equipments, excursions....

Thank you very much.

UK
16. Re: Mirihi

Hi

Makunudu is a small island with all the accommodation set just behind the beach, I think they have about 30 rooms and they are all very private. Mirihi is all water villas, and about the same size, so it really depends on whether you want Water Villa or island accommodation. The All inclusive option at Makunudu was very cheap!

Enjoy!

Taiwan
17. Re: Mirihi

Thank you, happyholidayhunter.

Could you describe the two islands more detailly? I know the difference of room-types, but I want to know the service and the house-reef. In your opinion, which island do you like more? Thank you very much.

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
reviews: 2
18. Re: Mirihi

Try flying Monarch and obtain a premium upgrade. Premium upgrade window seats apparently have plenty leg room. It was £198 per person return last time I looked. Just an idea, could be cheaper than Emirates?........activegirl