We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T.shirts or not?

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wales, G.Britain
T.shirts or not?

Just booked our holiday at Sun Island for Beginning of August. I have noticed that at some resorts they ask that men don't wear t.shirts in the evenings. As my 17yr old son is going, he won't be best pleased if this is the case!!! Does anyone know if this is the case in sun island please? Thanks

UK
1. Re: T.shirts or not?

I have been to Sun island and it is very relaxed, your Son will be fine in t-shirts in the evenings.

Wales, G.Britain
2. Re: T.shirts or not?

Thanks for that, at least it will keep him happy!!!!

Stavanger, Norway
reviews: 118
3. Re: T.shirts or not?

Hi

I have also been to Sun Island and wearing a t-shirt at night won't be a problem. The dress code is very relaxed and that is a good thing because it is quite hot and humid even at night :-) I have posted a trip report with lots of pictures on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there :-)

Regards

Gard

Wales, G.Britain
4. Re: T.shirts or not?

Thanks Gard. I did look at your website, it was very useful. I can't wait to go now though !!!!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: T.shirts or not?

Hi there, we are going aug '05... not long now!!!

Wales, G.Britain
6. Re: T.shirts or not?

I know it's not long really, but it's still not coming quick enough. We haven't been to the Maldives before and we are looking forward to the R&R !!!

I'm glad I found this website, as I have learned a lot from the people who have been previously. I'm sure we have picked the right island.....at least I hope we have!!!

Have a good holiday.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 9
7. Re: T.shirts or not?

Looks like yours will be here quicker than ours, as you are going at beginning of Aug we are not there until the 16th..if you are back before this date let us know how it went...(First time for us,also)

Have a fab time!!

Wales, G.Britain
8. Re: T.shirts or not?

Hi Macey

We will still be out there then, we are going out on the 8th. Will keep an eye out for you all, but in case we don't all bump into each other, I hope you and your family have a fab time.....but I'm sure you will !!!