We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meedhupparu

Which Maldives hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chester
reviews: 7
Meedhupparu

Just read a review from someone who has just come back from the meedhupparu, they said that on their last day a supply boat came with building supplies for 21 bunglalows !! Im just a bit worried as im going in 4 weeks and im thinking are peace might be disturbed by building work. Has anyone that has ust got back got any info on this??? thanks

coventry england
1. Re: Meedhupparu

Hello,

When we were there in March we were told that they are building water bungalows, they were measuring the water while we were there.

Coventry travelers

leicester uk
reviews: 17
2. Re: Meedhupparu

dont worry about the builing work i am sure it will not efect you we got back last week.we also spoke to the manager of meedhupparu and he was telling us all about it .the bungalows will have plasa tv glass floors beautifull furniture and there own resurant and everyone will still be able to walk round that area of the island it is maimly for people who want all the spa treatments and they should be ready for december this year.but they will be more expensive which you can expect.

Derby England
3. Re: Meedhupparu

got back last weekend the building work is on the main jetty side of the island if you're not on that side you won't even know it's there.it's such a beautiful and peaceful place you sometimes think you've got the whole island to yourself

chester
reviews: 7
4. Re: Meedhupparu

thanks everyone for putting my mind at rest !!!

uk
reviews: 35
5. Re: Meedhupparu

Hi

I also read that post and phoned my agent. she phoned TCook and they said that the work is minimal and if they think that it is more than a grade one then they will phone us about it but, so far they say that it will not affect us - fingers crossed!

We are going on the 9th May for 2 weeks and are really looking for tranquility for the most part.

My nephews live in Chester, one has a hairdresser's on the High Street.

Jan

London
reviews: 1
6. Re: Meedhupparu

I just posted my concerns about this same topic on another post b4 finding this. I only got a letter regarding the building work this morning and am due to leave next Sunday. Was very annoyed they didn't say so at the time of booking. My partner now wants to cancel but it'll be sooooooo disappointing. First Choice has offerred us Meeru as the only alternative which doesn't look nearly as nice plus it's not the same star rating nor are the reviews nearly as positive. Has anyone been since the start of construction. Any advice on which rooms to ask for to avoid the noise/pollution (inevitable)?