We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lao Central Airlines

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz, Cal
reviews: 9
Lao Central Airlines

Anybody heard of this yet I think they are flying now, I am pretty sure I saw one of thier planes landing at VTE (bright green and yellow), suppose to be a low cost carrier to Bangkok

Vientiane
reviews: 53
1. Re: Lao Central Airlines

This was originally called Phonesavahn Airlines. I am not sure if they are up and running yet,

Santa Cruz, Cal
2. Re: Lao Central Airlines

thanx rufuscat I looked at the website you can't make a reservation yet but the plane(s) have a distictive bright yellow and green markings, flew right over me while fishing

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
reviews: 206
3. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Saw 2 brand new Phonsavsnh Airlines planes last week at Wattay when coming back from Houayxai - owned by the bank of the same name. Maybe Central is another start-up airline?

Vientiane
reviews: 53
4. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Rilwy, for your information there was an ad in the VT yesterday for Lao Central Airlines. They fly to Bkk 3 times a week. As I stated in a previous post, they are of course the renamed Phonsavahn Airlines.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Cologne
reviews: 21
5. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Interesting, do you know if they fly to LP from Bkk, how to they compare price wise to Laos Airline, and are they using new planes? Sorry for these questions, but it might be an alternative to Laos Airline.

lewes uk
reviews: 98
6. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Hi,

Currently they dont fly between Bangkok and Luang Prabang. Your choices there are either Lao Airlines or Bangkok Airways.

They fly VTE-LPQ and VTE-BKK and have plans to expand routes into China, Vietnam and Cambodia. They are billing themselves as 'a premium low cost airline' so I guess they will undercut Lao Airlines. They currently have two Boeing 737-400s and a couple of turbo-props in their fleet with plans to add two more 737s in the future as they expand their routes.

Cheers

Santa Cruz, Cal
7. Re: Lao Central Airlines

I looked for flights BKK VTE for september and showed no flights only route available is VTE LP starting april 28 no price shown mon weds friday

lewes uk
8. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Yes, it's strange they haven't started the VTE-BKK route yet as they announced it back in January. They do in fact have flights VTE-LPQ and VTE- PKZ using the 737 right now, I guess you can book them locally but they have no online booking engine yet.

Cheers

lewes uk
9. Re: Lao Central Airlines

Hi,

I just found their flier. It's advertising a promotion on the VTE-BKK route, May 03-31, first 50 pax with a fare of $119 o/w or $239 return. Flights Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

LF068 09.10 vte-bkk

LF069 11.25 bkk-vte

But as you say, they are not flying this route yet and I can't find fares for vte-lpq.

Cheers

Santa Cruz, Cal
10. Re: Lao Central Airlines

I guess thats a couple bucks cheaper than Lao air but not much, still cheaper to fly to Udon Thani, more flights per day