We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi in most hostels?

Which Vientiane hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
wifi in most hostels?

hi,

im going to be traveling through vientiane and then onwards to siem reap in cambodia

my question is do most hostels (not hotels) have wifi? im thinking about bringing my ipad but dont want to lug it around / worry about it getting stolen if there won't be wifi

but being able to check my email / skype with my girlfriend at night would be awesome!

so tripadvisor, in your past experiences have you found wifi readily available (for free)?

thanks in advance

Vientiane
reviews: 57
1. Re: wifi in most hostels?

No. Some do, some don't. You will nearly always find a cafe with wi fi though.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
reviews: 225
2. Re: wifi in most hostels?

There are many places round Vientiane with free wifi, but the cheaper guesthouses (under $20) generally don't have it. Nearly all guesthouses have it when you start to get get above the $25 mark though.

Most bars & cafes have it in the main tourist area.

3. Re: wifi in most hostels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 02, 2012