We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Provo, Utah
reviews: 1
Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I am going to Phnom Penh in two weeks and will need to transport some people and eyeglasses around the city- too much for a tuk tuk. I have a Cambodian driver's license from when I lived there years ago so I am interested in renting a car and driving myself- any suggestions for rental car places? If no, are there any drivers that are cheap enough? I don't want to blast a hole in my travel budget.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kep, Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 89
1. Re: Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I do have a contact for a great guy which if you tell him what its for he may be able to help, i'll pm it to you.

also just ask at your accommodation.

Sydney
2. Re: Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Your former Cambodian driver's licence is nul and void.

Things have changed a lot since you left.

Driving licences are now of the laminated photo ID type.

And for non permanent residents are usually limited to one year validity at a time.

And yes, I do hold a current KH driver licence.

Best regards. Ian

Denver, CO
reviews: 13
3. Re: Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Your hotel will be happy to provide a car and driver. Check out their website to see the options available.

4. Re: Self-drive Rental Car Services in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 23, 2014