We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 46
Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Hi All,

After lots of searches and effort, I finally managed to find one tour company that provide overnight bus service. the name of the company is VET Tours, which based in Cambodia and have several branches. here is their website link http://vettours.com/index.php/schedules

I would like to ask anybody here have any experiences using their overnight service?

in terms of safety and punctuality.

Thank you.

england
reviews: 39
1. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

If I where you, I would,nt risk traveling threw the night, as many accidents on the road. Have alook at giant ibis, and travel during the day

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 75
2. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

use the search box (directly above your post) and find the many posts on this .... there is not a single regular poster/visitor to Cambodia who would risk night bus travel in Cambodia ... night bus travel is only for those with a death wish!

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Oh okay..that is mean I have to go by day time then..ermmm..

I was just thought it is really was of time travelling on day time..hmmm..

Oh well..giant ibis sounds good too though..

will consider about it.

@thmoore,: i did several post here in TA forums, but that was 2 years ago..well, who knows there is improevement for night bus service..anyway thanks so much for the feedback..

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
4. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

jumianto ... in the last 2 years there have been no improvements in fencing along the highway - you will get wandering stock, or to vehicle maintenance - you still get broken down cars/trucks without hazzard lights (or indeed any lights to warn other vehicles), drivers are still driving drunk or fatigued, vehicles are still dangerously overloaded, truck drivers still think they own the road and overtake without thinking on corners, the crest of hills etc

here's a recent thread tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k…

Perth, Australia
reviews: 104
5. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

As Helen & Chelsea says, it would be dangerous and beyond foolish to travel throughout Cambodia at night, either by bus or car. You really do need to make sure that your itinerary is structured to avoid doing this as it simply isn't worth the risk which is considerable.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Hi Helen and travelkat,

Thank you so much for the warning feedback.. it really does makes me think twice one more time.

and this recent experienced shared by one of our member tripadvisor.com.au/…50703381 really makes me concluded to re-scheduling and re-arranging my plan.

greatly appreciated for all the fast response and feedbacks.

will contribute more to this forum..

Cheers,

Jumi

Volgograd, Russia
7. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Dear jumianto

I agree with above posts (travelkat88). Better to have transfer during day time.

For transfer “Siem Reap → Phnom Penh” I would advise “Golden Bayon Express Company”. They operate comfortable Toyota minivans. Price: 8.0 US$ per person. Departure around 3:00 pm, Arriving in Phnom Penh around 8:00 pm (depend on traffic).

Best regards

Dr. Igor

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
8. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

golden bayon was slammed in recent posts as being overcrowded with a poor driver who thought he was a race-car driver etc - you are much safer in a full sized bus - sit middle to back

Singapore, Singapore
9. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Hi Dr Igor,

Yeap what was Helen mentioning was right..from this forum there are traveler rating their services.

I think Giant Ibis and Mekong Express is still the recommended transport company in regional Cambodia..

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.

Cheers,

Jumi

Edited: 7:48 am, June 23, 2013
Volgograd, Russia
10. Re: Overnihgt bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap?

Hi, Jumianto

May be we were just lucky. We have chosen this Company because of daytime schedule and seats were assigned in our tickets. Everybody got personal seat in the cabin. I think they may have different cars… My wife was surfing in internet (WiFi) for free all 5 hours. Although I agree if service is not consistently good it's better to avoid this service…

Best regards

Dr. Igor