We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 1
Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

I hired a tuk tuk in front of the hotel (near Kendal market ) to go CenTral market. I agreed to pay him $2 since google map shows a distance between the two places is around 1km . He said ok and we boarded his tuk tuk . I did show him a location printed on the map .

He took us to a Rusian Embassy . Stop his tuk tuk and we told him, not this place. And took out the map to show him we want to go to central market . He then asking $ 3 more to take us there . I said no. He got angry . His attitude made us feel uncomfortable .

I did not know where we are and his action scare my older son. We paid him $2 and got off the tuk tuk . We will need a driver in SR, I just wonder if tuk tuk in SR is nicer or there is a chance I would end up with another mean guy like this .

By the way, I have not able to buy a luggage yet. When we get to the right market, it is almost closing time. I am able to buy a large zip bag to sote my cothes. I will return to PP in a few days and will shop for luggage again.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kep, Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 87
1. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

That is sad and they will try these things! Just stand your ground, if enough tourists do this then they will stop l hope and suppose!!!

I have never had a problem other than a Tuk Tuk driver being absolutely totally lost last year as the Hotel l stay in is not that well known! Hopefully you will have no problems in SR.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 16
2. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

Hi uop1497, I've just sent you a PM with details of a wonderful tuk tuk driver.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
3. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

Sorry to hear about your bad experience and hope you'll have better luck with tuk tuk's in SR.

Gosport, United...
4. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

Trust these drivers, the Mr Men...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k6…

Battambang, Cambodia
reviews: 4
5. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

siem reap tuk tuk drivers are a bit more laid back to there phnom penh brothers.phnom penh drivers on the whole dont seem to know around there fair city and i guess siem reap being much smaller than its not so common getting lost,from the bus station to hotel in town via tuk tuk should be about $2

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 75
6. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

Many of the tuk-tuk drivers in Phnom Penh are form the countryside and have no idea where anything is. Choose them carefully, your best bet being ones in front of your hotel so that if they need directions they can ask the hotel staff before you set off.

Phnompenh
7. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

I think some tuk tuk they just come from countryside so sometime they confuse

i wish you have good tuk tuk driver when you are coming back phnom penh.

8. Re: Bad experience with tuk tuk driver today

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 16, 2014