We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage ????

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
reviews: 1
Luggage ????

Hello,

One of our luggage was broken during the fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh and the airline told me they are not responsible for it. So is the person to handle luggage at the airport .

We are currently in PP . Please advise where can we shop for a carry on luggage . Also, should I haggle the price down . If so how many percent down from the asking price. Thank you

lewes uk
reviews: 115
11. Re: Luggage ????

Hi Helen,

It was the difference between haggling and bargaining that I think is a bit unecessary to make such a fuss about - and was what I was refering to btw. Suggesting as SKG does that a smile and gentle approach is much more useful at markets is rather more helpful than nit picking about the OPs use of a word. Just my opinion - don't shoot!

Cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 84
12. Re: Luggage ????

Bottom line is, to find a shop with the item you want, inspect it properly and THEN ask the price. If it seems too high, ask kindly if you can have it for ($20 instead of the $40 the guy is asking). The vendor will counter with a high price than your offer, and you can either accept that or try to go a bit lower. They all know their profit margin and if they refuse your offer you can bet they probably aren't making much of a profit at all.

You will still end up with a suitcase at half the price you'd pay back home.

Paulo, I was not attacking you but rather was pointing out the correct usage of the words. I teach ESL to university students and I woudl do the same if they were to use those words inappropriately. :-)

Wyong, Australia
reviews: 46
13. Re: Luggage ????

I'm still waiting for the OP's "One of our luggage" to come back with a big red line through it.

14. Re: Luggage ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 15, 2014