We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belgium
reviews: 2
Getting around

We are visiting Cambodia in july, we want to travel from Kratie to Kompohn Cham, Kompohn Thom, Siem Reap - can anybody give us advise which transportation to use in this season?

Thanks in advance,

sydney
reviews: 1
1. Re: Getting around

Hi, Glad to see somebody venturing out further than Angkor Wat in Siem Reap. Kratie to Kompohn Cham i don't know the best option my choice would be taxi with air-con because it is hot this time of year and it is an inexpensive option compared to Western taxi fares. KC to Kompohn Thom would best be decided when you're there and depending on how you feel at the time. These provincial towns are not far from each other with the exception of Kratie but road condition (although improved somewhat ) and safe driving speed make the journey a little longer. Buses can be crowded sometimes and could involve frequent stopping and you have no control over the driver's speed and driving antics where as a taxi is comfortable although more expensive but you do have the opportunity to demand the driver slow down and drive safely if you feel unsafe or he will not be paid, he will oblige quickly, most drivers i have used have been very good so don't be to concerned. Have fun it's a great place especially these small towns they enjoy your company and are very welcoming, the Mekong Hotel on the river front in Kompohn Cham is great for USD$10 a night. Have a great time, i will be there in July also. Happy Trip.

Belgium
reviews: 2
2. Re: Getting around

Thanks Magoo for this information. Hope you also have a nice trip!

bye bye

Frederique

3. Re: Getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 15, 2009