We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hong kong
how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

Can you tell me how long it takes to apply the visa on arrival PNH airport ? Do I have sufficient time to catch the bus at 1230 (Mekong Express Bus) if my flight arrives 1030 ?

What's the address of the Mekong Express bus station & how long it takes from the airport ?

Sydney
1. Re: how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

Assuming that it is a normal day at the Phnom Penh International Airport, and you do not state date of arrival, and that you are a normal, well organised person and then you will have completed all Visa and arrival procedures and be outside the arrivals terminal building inside circa thirty minutes maximum.

Immediately on leaving the terminal building you will be approached by the "Official Airport Taxi Service" representative speaking english. You tell this person where you want to go and he tells the driver in Khmer. Alternatively, you take on of the many other cheaper taxis and take it from there yourself.

From airport to the relocated Mekong Express Bus Office/terminal for the service to Siem Reap ( and you do not state your intended destination in your OP) should take you circa 30/40 minutes on most days.

So for elapsed time you arrive at 10:30 am. + circa 30 minutes to clear all airport formalities + circa 30 plus minutes by taxi to Mekong Express office brings you to circa 11:30/11:40 am.

Now all you have to do is hope that there are unsold seats available for you on the ME 12:30 departure for, presumably, the service to Siem Reap ( as you do not state your intended destination).

Regards. Ian

hong kong
2. Re: how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

Thanks Ian for your prompt reply.

I will be taking the flight from HKG/PNH 3Sep arrives PNH 1025. I want to go straight to Siem Reap by Mekong bus at 1230. I need to apply the visa on arrival & have no idea how long for the process of the visa.

Is the bus station ME located at the Siswath Quay 102 street ? & what's the quickest way to get there as time is a bit tight upon arrival in PNH ?

If i can take the bus at 1230 then will be arriving Siem Reap at 1830. I will stay in S Reap for 3 nights i.e. I have 2 whole day in S Reap. What 's your recommendation & how to spend in this 2 days ? On 6Sep morning I will take the ME bus back to PNH & stay 1 night there.

Thanks again & hope to hear from you soon.

Sydney
3. Re: how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

September is fairly quiet and there should be seats available on a walk-up basis for the bus service you want but this can never be guaranteed.

Genuine Visa-onArrival at PNH airport is quick if you are an organized person. Complete the forms handed out on the plane. Get off the plane promptly and move smartly to the arrivals hall and join the queue for Visa-on-Arrival processing.

Be sure to have a single, recent, passport/visa type and size photo and paper clip it to the short and simple Visa Application Form and have US$20 in exact money to pay when you Passport with KH Visa in it is held up at the end of the processing line.

Then it's through immigration control for finger print scanning and photographing and then join the wait for your bags on the luggage belt.

All other information is in my reply above.

Taxi is the quickest way to get from PNH Airport Arrivals Terminal to the newish Mekong Express Office/Departure Point.

I am not a travle agent and as no two people spend their time in Siem Reap in the same way nor have the same interests nor attention spans, I will not presume to say how you should spend your very limited time in the Angkor region - which is large and has so much to offer people with a reasonable time there.

Best regards. Ian

4. Re: how to get to mekong express bus station from PNH airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 10, 2013