We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
reviews: 53
Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Hi, please advise me of 5* star hotels near Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre. Would prefer hotels that's accessible to shopping and attractions.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 78
1. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Hi smurfs'pore,

you do know that shopping in PP bears little resemblance to shopping in S'pore. Only one 'shopping centre' as such(multi level with travelators) though you also have several lots of markets to visit.

You should check out Raffles Le Royal (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g293940-d301595-Reviews-Raffles_Hotel_Le_Royal-Phnom_Penh.html ) though you can get beautiful boutique hotels for considerably less.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 29
2. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Hi Smurf,

I'm not sure there are any hotels in this area at all. If there are, I think it's best to check if they are actually opened for business.

We just got back from a wedding which was held at the Diamond Island Convention and Exhibition Centre. I didn't see anything around apart from a fairground, lots of new (empty) buildings and more being built plus the Diamond Island Convention and Exhibition Centre itself (which, from my understanding are a set of huge halls which are mainly used for weddings)

I did see lots of building happening and there wasn't many people around at all. Lots of dirt and empty land. I'm wondering where you got your information from?

I have a photo of the area if you want it. Just PM me and I'll email you

Singapore
reviews: 53
3. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Hi beryl_be, thanks for your update. Do you know of any good 5* star hotel that's walking distance to all shopping and restaurants?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 29
4. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Hi Smurf,

Might be best to ask your hotel question on TA and check the hotels section of TA too.

Also, as Helen mentioned, there is only one shopping centre in PP called Sorya. Compared to the 54 shopping centres in Singapore ( I counted them on my tourist map last week) The best shopping in Cambodia is in the form of local markets and everything is cheap, especially compared to Singapore

All the best for your trip.

Phnom Penh
reviews: 10
5. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

Cambodiana, Himawari, and Naga world are near Diamond Island.

PNH is relatively small so shopping is less than 3K away.

6. Re: Hotels near to Diamond Island Convention & Exhibition Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, February 22, 2011