We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Q's

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
General Q's

Hey guys

I'm heading to Cambodia (PP) in March.

Couple of quick questions-

*What type of weather should I prepare for?

*Are there markets that cater to the bigger guy? I'm a size 38-42 in trousers (dependent on brand) and an xl-xxl in shirt? (I know when we were in HCMC I had trouble finding anything to fit, understandably).

*If I wanted to just eat street food/traditional khmer food, what kind of daily budget should I set aside for eating and beer? What are the beer prices like?

Thanks in advance!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 294
1. Re: General Q's

Hi JC, the Russian markets have big size mens clothing, jeans tops, shorts etc. There is also a sports shop in Sorya shopping centre that has bigger sizes (just have to rummage for them here though).

There is some more info on shopping in PP on my link below.

Cathy

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/russian_market_…

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 51
2. Re: General Q's

Russian market is the spot for larger carriage lads. :D

Food is really inexpensive - < $5 US per meal at most places. As for lager - $1 for a big bottle of Angkor.

pHNOM pENH
3. Re: General Q's

The weather will be hot and humid but normally rain free , travel around PP should be about $1.00 up for moto-taxi or #2.00 up for tuk-tuk $10/12.00 for all day .

Eating street vendor food can be as cheap as 25 cents for a snack , sit in about $2.00 and up , i get a Cazone on riverside for $3.50 , foreign run establishments are more expensive , full English breakfast $4.50 but good . Drink in a Khymer bar , draft 50 cents a glass on the river-side 75 cents at 'Happy hour '. I use the 'Khymer owned restaraunt 'The happy piza', down towards the far end close to the Kings palace , huge pot of tea for 80 cents .

Clothing ? Russian market is good , if they do not have your sizing or fit , they can make what you want on the spot , go upstairs and walk sraight in for machining .

Have a good trip amongst friendly people .

4. Re: General Q's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 17, 2009