We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
walsall
Car Rental

Hi

I am planning a trip to Thailand Cambodia and Vietnam in December this year and want to rent 3 different 4x4 vehicles to drive across the borders of the countrys mentioned above( i am aware after lots of research you can not cross the borders in the same car,something to do with insurance i am told)I have sorted out the rental car in Bangkok, no problem, but i am now trying to find rental companys in Cambodia, preferably in or near to a town called Koh Kong on the border.I have emailed the british embassy in Phnom Penh and 2 websites for Cambodian tourist information, with unfortunatly no success.If anyone out there can come up with any information to solve this problem i would be most gratefull, as i am running out of ideas.

Phnom Penh
reviews: 10
1. Re: Car Rental

Cambodia is still very much 3rd world and doesnt support such infrastructure. There are occasional ads in the Cambodia Daily newspaper that have cars for rent with or with out driver. usually a private party. I am not sure if you really want to be driving over here as well. being new to the country there are a lot of obstacles on the road that can cause you a lot of grief and loss of money if you even take your eyes off the road for a split second. I would recommend going point a to point b on public transport and then renting a vehicle in the town you are in. ie the beach pnh and siem reap. one big problem is parking, not only at your potential accommodation, but out and about as well.

walsall
2. Re: Car Rental

Hi Jim

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry. I have fully understood what you mean concerning the possible dangers that might crop up on my journey through cambodia, for instance being involved in a accident .

Because of this i think the most sensible action to take is , hire a driver who will hopefully also act as a guide.I have emailed a driver a Mr Va Bunva, who was recommended by Hochi, a member of this forum.As of yet i have had no reply, but i only sent the email yesterday, so early days.If by any chance you know of drivers, preferably who own 4x4 vehicles then please email me rudgie@talktalk.net

Cheers

Andy R

3. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 04, 2009