We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drunk tuk tuk driver

Which Cambodia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 3
Drunk tuk tuk driver

We have a but of a dilemma - the hotel we re staying at in siem reap provides a tuk tuk driver for the duration. Ours was good on the first day, ok on the second and so wasted he could barely stand up today. He d obviously been drinking when he dropped us off at 7 then was hiccuping he was so pissed at 930. Obviously this is the guy s livelihood and if it was at home i wouldn't hesitate but I have no idea if culturally getting shmammered and riding around in a tuk tuk is even illegal in Cambodia and I don t want to get the guy fired. I know it sounds like a bit of a no brainer but would appreciate any input from anyone with more experience in camb.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 85
1. Re: Drunk tuk tuk driver

I would absolutley REFUSE to get in a vehicle if the driver had been drinking. Report this guy to your hotel and request a sober driver.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 140
2. Re: Drunk tuk tuk driver

Report it to the hotel and ask them for another driver, don't even think about getting into this guys tuk tuk again, it's his own fault if he loses work.

Battambang, Cambodia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Drunk tuk tuk driver

i would tell the hotel also,he should be banned from taking tourist whilst drunk,and the hotel should ensure all drivers are sober before reporting for work

4. Re: Drunk tuk tuk driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 16, 2014