We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So Happy

Which Cambodia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 27
So Happy

Just had my health check at the border and very relieved my heart beat is good.Best $1 I ever spent.

15 replies to this topic
Sydney
1. Re: So Happy

There are NO health checks and at which border were you "relieved" of $1.?

Best regards. Ian

Wyong, Australia
reviews: 28
2. Re: So Happy

I'd get a second opinion.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
reviews: 31
3. Re: So Happy

Sounds like a Poipet scam, there is a health checkpoint there. I have been asked once to fill out a Health Declaration in the last few years, but $1.00??

Sydney
4. Re: So Happy

The only time there are any "Health Checks" at the borders, and then they apply to ALL border crossings, is when there are SARS, Bird Flu or Swine Flu or similar epidemics. And these are simple IR Temperature checks and a self-filled questionaire which is checked to see if you have ticked a box you should not have ticked. And there are NO charges and NOTHING to pay! Youv'e been scammed.

This is just a variation of the old...Have you got your malarial Tablets trick . No, you havent? Oh well I will sell you two tablets for $1 and let you through!

Or have you got your International Health Certificate (IHC) etc.

As my IHC is always with my passport this one has never worked on me and I enjoy smirking back at them.

Poi Pet is the home of most scams for the naieve, gullible or ignorant traveller.

Best regards. Ian

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
reviews: 75
5. Re: So Happy

Getting a health check by unqualified persons at a border crossing in a developing country? Are you kidding?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kep, Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 81
6. Re: So Happy

Oh dear, it is funny though! Glad you have a good heart beat!

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
7. Re: So Happy

Lol

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 105
8. Re: So Happy

sorry, didn't finish my post.

If it's given you peace of mind then it was the best $1 spent.

Adelaide
reviews: 185
9. Re: So Happy

Yeah, but most of us here would have told you your heartbeat was fine for half that price ;-))

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 27
10. Re: So Happy

put a thermometer on my forehead to check the heart beat...Hilarious.It was at the Hattien crossing...he was in a Department of Health Uniform and booth..and a policeman was asleep on the floor.He let us take a photo of the health check...he recreated it so worth it...HAHAHAWe knew it was a scam but we had a really hassle free crossing so didnt want to rock the boat.

Reply to: So Happy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted