We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodian Visas

Which Cambodia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bideford, United...
Cambodian Visas

We are travelling to Cambodia and Vietnam in June and the Cambodia Visa seems to be a little confusing, we will be arriving and spending time in Cambodia, travelling on to Vietnam then back to Cambodia to fly home. I can only find information regarding single entry visas to Cambodia, does anyone know how multiple entries work and is it easy to do?

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1. Re: Cambodian Visas

Your best bet is to just get a second single-entry tourist visa when you re-enter Cambodia the second time.

As far as I am aware, you cannot get a multiple entry visa on arrival into cambodia and the process to get a multiple entry visa (which includes getting an ordinary rather than a tourist visa and then extending it while you are in Cambodia) is not worth it in terms of time or money.

Edited: 12:16 pm, May 03, 2013
Bideford, United...
2. Re: Cambodian Visas

Thanks very much, all a bit strange really when it so simple everywhere else

Brisbane...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cambodian Visas

Does anyone have recent knowledge of buying a Visa for Cambodia when landing in Siem Reap? Our travel agent enquired of the embassy in Australia and was told that they now "prefer" tourists to get their visa before leaving Australia. The cost is higher (strange that!) by going through the Embassy but wondered if anyone had been there recently and had any difficulty in attaining a visa at Siem Reap airport. We last got a visa on the hoof last November whilst travelling by boat up the Mekong to Phnom Penh and there was no problem. We're going this year in September. Don't want to find a hassle when I get there. Thanks.

Sydney
4. Re: Cambodian Visas

Visa-on-Arrival is the norm for Siem Reap.

The issuing of the visa is even quicker at Siem Reap airport than it is in Phnom Penh and even there it is quick for those that remember to have their own pen with which to fill out the very simple and short form; bring a recent passport/visa size and type photo - same size as for your own passport; and have USD$20 with which to pay for your visa when your passport is held up and your name called out.

Couldn't be simpler or quicker.

Best regards. Ian

Brisbane...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Cambodian Visas

Many thanks Ian. I wasn't keen to pay $50 in Australia when I knew it was $20 US over there. We paid a high price for multi-entry Vietnam visas here from the Embassy but our travelling companions ordered them on-line and were through even quicker than we were. And it cost them a whole lot less. Thanks again. Lyn

Sydney
6. Re: Cambodian Visas

Hello Lyn,

It's a pity that you did not come first to Cambodia and get your VN visas here, as they are far cheaper in Cambodia and neighbouring ASEAN countries than in first world, developed countries such as Australia. I get nearly all of my VN visas in Phnom Penh these days.

Best regards. Ian

7. Re: Cambodian Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 15, 2014